Back from Turkey Run...Photos Shortly

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well fellas, we're back. All four of our cars made it to and from without incident. The only parts casualty was a pressure type brake light switch on my coupe. I found one in the swap meet and changed it in the hotel parking lot Friday evening. Other than that very minor issue, it was smooth sailing and a great week-end.

After I get settled in here I'll post some photos over in the photo section.

good to hear you all made it! i need a new brake light switch myself i discovered the other day...and of course we all anticipate the photo-show [P[P[P[P[P[P

I was going through one of those pressure switches every year and finally went to one on the pedal. I think the silicone brake fluid I run was killing them.

Got back from TR this afternoon, and we are BEAT ! 4 days of walking the entire swap meet area and pulling our wagons loaded with new goodies. My feet and legs are really sore.

We never get to see all the people we want to see, but finally got to hook up with the Gastrick clan this morning in the hotel parking lot. Always nice to see them and the new car additions to their fleet are super nice. Just something so special about chopped Merc customs.

Time for some Nyquil, a beer, and some sleep. It will take me a week to recover from all the walking, but it was worth it. I found a lot of parts I wanted and some I didn't even know I needed. :D

Don

was told by a friend that was there that they set a record for the amount of cars in the show this year - he called and was like a little kid at christmas - his first time there - looking forward to seeing pic's -

One thing that we noticed is that the makeup of the cars in attendance has changed over the years. It is now made up of more and more 50's, 60's and 70's cars than before. At one time it was called the Turkey ROD Run but they dropped the ROD part to include a more diverse group of cars. Hot rods were less of a factor this year than in previous years, I think, and muscle cars and antiques were more previlant.

Don

I got 2 of those low pressure brake light switches from Ron Francis. I bought 2 because I heard that pressure switches go out often. After 6 years, I gave my extra one away, since it never went out.

Latest posts

Back