Bad deal on craigslist?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes, the internet can be a "blessing" to old car folks (i.e. forums like this), BUT.... Then, there's the negatives.

Can't even COUNT how many times somebody's tried scamming me on Kijiji just trying to sell small car parts, can't even IMAGINE what it would be like to lose a whole CAR!!!!:mad:

Dude, I feel your pain and hope somehow this all works out for you in the end. I'm glad you showed the courtesy to return someone else's property as well, once you found out it was "shady."

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Regards,
Shea:)

Some of the stuff you posted got me thinking. He said it was his but he can not come up with picture. He may have thrown out. I find that hard to believe. If it was mine I would be showing everyone picture to see if I could fine it.

My question to him and the cops would be, Was there was ever a police report of the car being stolen. And if not why.

Sound like there could be two boneheads that might be trying scam you. I just wounder if they know each other and are in it together.

Just a thought

Does make ya wonder. I would think more likely the guy isn't in on a scam, but had iffy dealings with the original scammer that went sour so he's trying to scam the car from you.

Either way, who throws pictures away of cars except X-wives!?! Even if he does produce a picture, I'd be real skeptical of them unless he's in the pictures.

wow! That's an idea Hot40rod! The whole deal has a fish odor to it. I hope it all works out in the end, but why did the cops impound the car if there's no title and the guy has no pics and really can't prove the car is his?[S...CR

Good question! I don't know why the took it, but who am I to argue with the police? The guy who "claims" the car belongs to him said he threw the pictures away cause he thought he would never see the car again! I don't know about you guys but I've got a box full of pics of cars I used to own! I still have a bunch of pics of a 66 ss chevelle that I had stolen from me 13 years ago! and I KNOW I'll never see it again! He filed a police report when it was stolen and he said he gave the police some pics of it but the detective told me they never had any pics. I do believe he had one stolen from him but is it the same one? I don't know.

**UPDATE** The guy whom I originally traded called me wanting to make things right and since he sold the 46 he offered to reimburse me what I paid for the 46 and I accepted. At least I'm not out anything anymore! [cl

Good question! I don't know why the took it, but who am I to argue with the police? The guy who "claims" the car belongs to him said he threw the pictures away cause he thought he would never see the car again! I don't know about you guys but I've got a box full of pics of cars I used to own! I still have a bunch of pics of a 66 ss chevelle that I had stolen from me 13 years ago! and I KNOW I'll never see it again! He filed a police report when it was stolen and he said he gave the police some pics of it but the detective told me they never had any pics. I do believe he had one stolen from him but is it the same one? I don't know.

Glad it worked out for you, but I think I would have demanded better proof of ownership than that.

Latest posts

Back