Bandit's 53 Bel-air build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bandits your ride is lookin sweet cant wait to see it all done. heres some pictures of my car a 51 chevy hardtop it has hydraulics and a 292 inline six its the **** :D

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 39
thanks for the coments guys i think ill go clear to give it that 50's classy look... and so i can show off the interior work lol. that 51 is awesome man what kinda black is that? and im diggin the bomb tank in the back.

the paint is ppg trim black its goes on easy and looks good it has a satin finish
the bomb in the back hold hydraulic fluid for my hydros people always get a kick out of that. are u gonna bag urs.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 20
well its been a while since i updated so i thought its time... been layed off work so im doing my ownthing out of my lil shop and in between cars im getting some work done on mine. the metalwork is pretty much done on the driver side except for the door. patched the rocker panel and got the replacement panel on lower 1/4 infront of the rear tire, the panel from Nationalchevy assocoation was pretty bad took me like 2hrs of bending hammering and cutting to get it to fit and im not really all that happy how it came out might have to use a lil more filler than id like.... well heres a few shots.

Attachments

• z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 25
  • z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 28
  • z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 36
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 27
  • z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 31
more updates! got the pass inner n outter rocker panel and lower 1/4 panel in... wow what a bitch i got about 12hrs into this alone. rocker panels fit pretty good but the lower 1/4panel was awful and its about a half in to short so i have to make the bottom to it as u will see in the pics. man that was alot of welding and then grinding!!! im beat enjoy the pics im gonna go crash now.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 26
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 28
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 24
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 31
thanks for the compliments guys.

so i dont know if im up for the C-notch anymore since i didnt think about having to make the trans tunnel taller and then possibly having to notch the seats to clear. so does any1 know if a driveshaft will clear without a taller trans tunnel? im thinking of just having the rear lay on the frame with the air all out of it.

Bandit, if you want to lay frame in the rear, your driveshaft is going to interfere with the tunnel.

i know, but i just want to drive it!!. well ill see what i do... to C-notch or not... that is the question....

hey gastrick u got a badass bead roller? im gonna make a 3piece trunk floor pan and was wondering if u could maybe roll some beads in em?. and when u roll beads does the panel get any shorter?

floorpan

i know, but i just want to drive it!!. well ill see what i do... to C-notch or not... that is the question....

hey gastrick u got a badass bead roller? im gonna make a 3piece trunk floor pan and was wondering if u could maybe roll some beads in em?. and when u roll beads does the panel get any shorter?
Bandit, I'm impressed with your work. I always found that if you lower an old chev the driveshaft would hit the floorpan when ya hit bumps in the road. Your before pics of the trunk pan look like the trunk in my 49. I'd like to see more pics of your build.......Yes to the bead roll on metal it will shrink the metal, so you should start with a little bigger piece and trim accordingly after ya bead roll........

Latest posts

Back