Best Place To Live

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxie500joe

I was born in Phila,Now living in South Jersey,and I am pretty much fed up with the crap around here,My girlfriend is from the Aurora Missouri area,We are thinking about moving out around springfield/branson area,Need some ideas..

I live a little over an hour north of Philly and can understand how one can get fed up with the area and some of the BS you have to put up with around here. I have a friend who moved out to Missouri a little over a year ago, and she loves it there.

Good luck if you do head out that way, or where ever you may go to get away from this area

I dream to live in Montana someday. Most beautiful place I have ever been to. Bozeman area was where we landed, town close to the ranch was Clyde Park. Best vacation memories ever.

Come to Southern California and get really screwed up.:eek::eek:

Its like a toilet flushing. Once you get here you cant pull out.

(ok it has its good points, but I would still leave if I can figure out how to)

Over the years we lived in Pa (Pittsburgh area), Winston-Salem NC, Rancho Cucamonga California, back to Pa, then moved to Florida in 82 and have been here since.

No place is perfect, even Florida, but I will probably never leave here. The employment situation here is dismal (wages are not what you earn up North) and very little manufacturing here, just service related jobs.

North Carolina was nice, but I don't think I would want to move back there. No particular reason except all my family and roots are here now. California is VERY expensive and too fast paced for a country boy like me. Pa is ok, but I hate snow and cold.

I think being happy in any place depends on what you do for a living and if your mate is happy being there. If Momma ain't happy, you are not going to be happy either. :rolleyes:

Don

I was born and raised in the Lehigh Valley. (About an hour north of phillie) Moved away about 10 years ago and came back because of the wife I had at the time was home sick. I kick myself every day for coming back to the area. It is hard to believe all of the BS in this area. People here are just pain nasty. I' m not sure why its this way here but I can live without it. If I was not in business for myself I would move again.

My brothers and sister moved away and will not come back because of the people in this area.

more info needed

What line of work are you in. How much seed money do you have.What are your prioritys besides food ,shelter and sex. Doesnt matter where you live,if you dont make enough money to pay the bills , you aint gonna be happy. You cant eat scenery. Also family is very important , most people who live in less than ideal places do so because of family. Starting at the bottom of the pile always sucks. Remember the picture of the cows standing in a field full of grass and they have their heads thru the barb wire trying to eat the grass outside their pasture.We are the same way , it always looks greener on the other side till you get there. However every journey starts with the first step. LFE

I was born and raised in the Lehigh Valley. (About an hour north of phillie) Moved away about 10 years ago and came back because of the wife I had at the time was home sick. I kick myself every day for coming back to the area. It is hard to believe all of the BS in this area. People here are just pain nasty. I' m not sure why its this way here but I can live without it. If I was not in business for myself I would move again.

My brothers and sister moved away and will not come back because of the people in this area.

I personally think it's being between Philly and New York City. You get the city attitude from both areas. NYC's "you talking to me" and Philly's....well if anyone has ever been to an Eagles football game you know all about the city of brotherly hate...I mean love (they have a judge on duty at the stadium to arreign all of the people they arrest there).

I'm not trying to slam everyone who lives in either city, but those of us who grew up in the country (this area was all farm land or coal mining when I was growing up) away from the hectic city life really don't have an appreciation of the city attitude. We were brought up to be considerate of other people and to help others when they needed it....not step on them and kick them when they're down. Guess it's my up bringing is the reason I like the attitude of this board so much compared to the flaming and criticism that goes on at other boards.

Anyway, I said above that a friend loves it in Missouri...me personally, I know someday I will end up in either North or South Carolina. The attitudes there are a lot more what I was brought up with, I love the area and love going there (Been going there since the early 90's), and have some very good friends that live down yonder.

OK...I'm done...sorry for the lengthy ramble...guess I could have just said "I don't blame anyone for wanting to get away from this area"

It seems, home is what you make of it. I grew up in East Los Angeles and loved it as a kid. Couldn't stand it now. Then I moved to the San Fernando Valley. People back then left their door unlocked and the keys in their cars. Now, its gone down hill in the area I use to live or frequent. Moved to Gardena but the bad element started moving in. Now I live in Torrance where the local PD shoots first and asks questions later. People for the most part are friendly and the neighborhoods are safe. Only problem, if I were to move here now, I couldn't afford it. Homes have tripled in value since I bought my home.

Well, I was a military brat, we lived in Fla. twice, N.C. once, Texas once, Lousianna twice, and we always came back to Montgomery, Al. for about 6 months before moving on to another place, my ex and I lived in Ft. Lewis, Wa. and now I am back in Montgomery, Al., this is my home. I love the weather, the slower pace to life and the hospitality of the south. If I had my choice to move any where I wanted to go I would move back to San Antonio, that place was great to me. But most of my family is here and I couldn't be any happier. I guess it is just where you are comfortable that would make the best place for you to live. You may even have to move around a bit to find the right place. Good luck to ya!

i love the central valley. most of california is crazy but things are a lot slower here. You can still get away with wearing a cowboy hat and some boots out. (not that i do :D) I would stay here but we plan to move before we have kids because of the pollution. All of the smog from the bigger cities gets blown down into the valley and collects with no where to go so the air quality is really bad. I've never had health problems and somedays are so bad i lose my breath going up a set of stairs :(. Other then that (a pretty big deal), it's a nice place to live.

I live just north of Kansas City Missouri and it's a pretty cool state as long as you stay out of Kansas City and St. Louis. The country is cool and we have a pretty temperate climate. It'll get to 120 in the summer with loads of humidity and -15 in the winter with ice storms, but for the good part of the year the skies are clear and the weather is perfect.

Both of my parents were in the Marines so we lived in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida. I personally prefer the south, and will probably move back there, but Missouri is pretty cool in the meantime.

Oh, and there is loads of cool cars everywhere on the back roads.:cool::cool:

I am a service manager at an auto repair shop in pleasantville NJ,The town is the exact opposite of its name lol,Same problem here as the pa people, The migrating from New York and Phila plain ole nasty and you owe me attitudes,

Latest posts

Back