Bias Ply Wide Whites

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmel

Last spring, while building my car, i picked up a set of wheels, accent rings, babymoons and wide white Bias Ply's at a swap meet. Tires were a bit used, but got the entire set for a steal.

But, in a way, i got wha i paid for...one of the rear tires is bad, and i'm about to have to buy a couple new rear tires.

My rear tires are Remington L78-15's. I like the size...although they may be a smidgen wide for my taste...but i like them. The only L78-15's in wide whites that i can find are Cokers for $140...that seems like a great price, but i don't know anything about Coker tires so i'm a little hesitant. Comparable sized firestones 820-15's i think are $190.

the 820's are a little narrower, but are a bit more pricey. I'm fine with the L78's if i can trust Coker. Any experience with this brand?

Cokers tires are fine. I've been running tires from them for over 25 years, with zero problems. Only thing we ever got was one slightly bent rim and they replaced it immediately at no charge. It was from Wheel Vintiques, and I just bought two other rims from them last week and I see they are carrying a different brand now, so maybe they had some issues there.

Right now we have my 27, my old 23, Dan's rpu, and Don's T all sitting on various tires from Coker. I know you are asking specifically about the Coker stamped ones, but they are producing all of the Firestones, Commanders, etc in house, as I understand it, so the Coker brand should be just as good.

Don

Latest posts

Back