Billitproof Florida 2008

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodMike

Just wanted to say thanks to all who came to the show yesterday and turned it into a "must go to" event for the future. Everyone had a blast and to get 500 cars at a first-time show was incredible. We were just blown away. We always suspected there were lots of traditional styled cars around but it was great to have them all at one place. You guys made it a great event! Big Daddy and Alan (Billitproof owner) were very pleased and it looks like Billitproof Florida II is going to happen. All the Poor Boys Tampa and nationwide thank you all. In case you didn't know, We had Poor Boys brothers here from all five chapters,Florida,Detroit,Tennessee,Alabama and even California. That's a brotherhood!
Thanks again to all, Mike

NO!! Thank you Mike, for holding this show down here in Florida!! I got to meet Donsrods and his son,who is way,way too modest about his building skills!!! Both very cool!! Got to meet Gastrick,his brother and their dad,Another cool hodrod family!!! Also met up with a good friend,Ted Kempken (A Poor Boy member) and some others, Oh!! Did I forget any thing??? CARS!!!!! I mean cars to die for!!!! Also a big thank you to the man whose backyard is the perfect place for a hodrod get together!! Don Garlits!!! Saying Thanks to Florida biggest Hodrod Kid doesn't seem to be enough but THANK YOU BIG DADDY!!!!!!!

Wildchild

I got to meet Bill and see his awesome rides too. Wish we'd had a bit more time to visit. I had a chance to meet and talk with **** LaHaie at the show. He is one of my favorite Top Fuel guys ever. Nice operations and ran good. His hot rod is very nice too.
The TRR is a huge deal but not particularly my cup of tea. The swap meet is what I want to go there for. There's plenty of room on the calender for both, luckily. Mike

It was definatly a huge success!! I had a great time!! Had fun with old friends and some new!! cant wait till next year.

I talked to a whole bunch of people and EVERY one said exactly the same thing...........this show was the BEST!!! Like Hotroddaddy said, got to see some old friends and meet lots of new ones. Racedude and Wildchild were just two of the folks from this forum that we met. There were so many people that we chatted with that it is all kind of a blur right now, but each and every one were a class act. None of the usual problems you see with a few idiots who show up and ruin it for everybody else.

As for old friends, Gastrick and his Brother and Dad were there, and Hotroddaddy was with two good looking ladies that he CLAIMS were his Wife and Mom. :D I am so happy we went. It sure is a lot cheaper than going to Turkey Run........our room was something like $ 70 with my old guy discount, and after they moved us out of the smoking room to a non smoking one the second night things were much better.

I heard talk that the show may move to another spot further south, and that probably will be necessary as Garlits place won't ever hold the crowd that shows up next year, once word gets out about how much fun everyone had.

Hats off to everyone who was involved in this event. It was as hitchfree and professional run as any event I have been to. Thank you for going to all of the work and trouble you did to make this thing happen.

See you next year for sure. :D:D

Don

I forgot mine, but we are covered. Gastrick was playing man with a camera again. He should post them up shortly, I would imagine, you know Bill NEVER misses any pictures. :D:D

Don

Thanks for making the show a big success guys, there is no car show without the cars or the people who built them.

We are all getting our pics uploaded, we should be getting the links up soon.

Although local family things & a birthday held me from going this yr. I WILL NOT ever miss it again......even if I take my murdercycle there!!

Ratty 46

I owe my being able to go to Paul (Ratty 46) He was nice enough to sell me his registration. I hated to profit at his expense, but sometimes things come up.

Next year bud, I might even buy you a cold one. :D:D:D

Don

It was a pleasure dealing with Don on my ticket.......As I said to Don.....I'm glad someone got to utilize the ticket. It would have been a shame & waste to not offer it up to someone here on RRR.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Don.

I will be at the next event.

Ratty46

Latest posts

Back