Blending 2 truck cabs together

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen the extended cab look..... and it rarely looks right... some that look ok... definitely agree with 49 on that one though proportions look wrong to me

Heres a few.

Attachments

• 4373515-700-0.jpg
    4373515-700-0.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 15727195-809-1948-Chevy-Custom-Extended-Cab-3-Door-Tr.jpg
    15727195-809-1948-Chevy-Custom-Extended-Cab-3-Door-Tr.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 131729-1sm.jpg
    131729-1sm.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 69
gregster, what are ya, 6'4"?
lol guess cause im a shortstack at 5'1" all is well for me =p

link on the side of the car domain page "Report Abuse"
"Hi, I'd like to report an abused '52 3100..."
ahahaha

Yeah, I'm exploring options for the build as I look for a body. I do in fact need a full back seat so a two seater is out of the question for me. So I either need to find a sedan body, panel truck or figure out a way to make a truck body work.

I want the open wheel look so building a 50's car is kinda out. Any other suggestions? I see way more truck cabs available than sedans or panel trucks and therefore will probably be able to afford a truck more easily as well due to supply and demand.

Can you guys suggest a cool way to address the need to have 4 seats?

I think the coolest 4 seater is a gasser of any sort. A 55 two door wagon or a 50 chevy car are my favorites,,

A choped led sled thing would be my second choice . A choped lowered 50 Plymoth looks suprizingly cool--especially comming outta 'Granny' car..

Then theres those loooooong 30s sedans...

I'd kinda like a 4 seater to get my wife and Grandkids back involved in my little car world. The more ya haul the bigger the grin..

PA41

If you want open wheel, I'm thinking sedan is the way to go. You might be able to extend a truck cab and make it look good. But I think it would need to be chopped and sectioned so it didn't look like a giant marshmallow behind a motor. Older would be better.

You can go really cheap and find a cab with the roof rotted out and build a touring roadster out of a truck. Convert the bed to a back seat.

I don't think this was originally a truck but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Ford26Thotrod.jpg
    Ford26Thotrod.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 70
i think this thing is ugly as all hell but here ya go
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3003326

The real problem with this thing is that "yuppie truck" box length. It would have looked much nicer if they had extended the chassis so that they could run a full-length 6 foot box.

Of course, the real ugliness is the horrible two-tone paint and those gawdawful chrome headlight visors...those things belong on lowriders, NOT hot rod trucks! :(

With regards to the build craftsmanship, this one looks better than many. I've seen pics of some on the web that look like total ass. Kinda like when somebody chops something SOOO much that they need to add an 8 inch filler strip across the roof and then don't bother to try and blend it into the stock curved profile.

I like the third door idea, too-looks pretty well executed.

Remember, beauty is, in the end, in the eye of the beholder.

Regards,
Shea:)

One of those long sedans/limos from the 30's would be great. Who has one? I'll settle for an early panel truck as well. Just can't find these for cheap. DAMN its tough following your vision with no money!

jp how much work are you planning on putting in to this? would you invest in two cabs? chop the top? section, etc? how much effort are you willing to put out to get what you want?

Found this on another site. Its different.

There's a car artist that does a lot of drawing like that. I think the Kanter Parts Catalog has some in it usually.

Generally, the old crew cab idea is cool as a truck. Not so much as a hot rod.

Found this on another site. Its different.

That thing looks....... uhhhhh........ wierd.

I bet if you took that second cab off the back and stretched a super long bed on it it would look pretty bitchen.

I still think you should do a touring car/truck and make one of the old school rag tops for it that you can take off and put back on when you please. I understand the more man hours than money thing. If you are willing to spend the time you can build something for pretty cheap.

Latest posts

Back