Blending 2 truck cabs together

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm thinking there is work involved, if thats what you mean. There would be some cutting, welding and blending. With some guidance and tips from you guys I think I am capable. I have some basic metal working skills and the natural ability to make things with my hands. I do not have a way to shrink metal right now though so complex bends are not within my realm at the moment. So I'd have to come up with a plan that was more simple if ya know what I mean.

I very interested it putting together a 40 ford extended or crewcab.Have two cab just the stench to cut them up. ONE WRONG CUT AND S@#T The last 2 pics are from truck mag,but sure which one.

Attachments

• 2487330004_medium.jpg
    2487330004_medium.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 2487330010_medium.jpg
    2487330010_medium.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 61
  • crewcab.jpg
    crewcab.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 58
  • p54281_image_large.jpg
    p54281_image_large.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 50
  • p54286_image_large.jpg
    p54286_image_large.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 62
ya know ... these "extended cabs" would look pretty cool if they just went without the bed and did a kinda like a mini suv thing.

Ron, Which car show are you talking about? That is one beautiful Truck![cl It looks like it came from the factory that way....CR:D

Ron, Which car show are you talking about? That is one beautiful Truck![cl It looks like it came from the factory that way....CR:D

The Wheels of Time...AKA...Macungie I'm a member of the club for 13 or 14 years now and actually a former president of the club and chairman of the show for three years (3 years was enough as chairman...takes pretty much a year to put those three days together and get things half way organized).

I like the truck (especially the Hemi), but I'm not crazy about the bed...I personally think it could have been done better as a custom bed rather then recycling a factory bed...just one mans opinion

Guess I'm getting old, cause I was at Macungie, but I sure didn't see that truck![S..Too busy trying to stay out of the mud holes :D.....Oh well, next year![cl.......CR

Latest posts

Back