Bonehead....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can weld a new end in the axle tube, and save the rest, or start over. I have also seen some welding shut and drilling out the hole and re threading it. A junk yard front axle may be as good a fix. Your old axle is still worth something.

Is it the 4 bolts that hold the ball joint in? Does the steering arm bolt to it also? Sometimes those work loose because of the extra stress of the steering arm. Of course big tires and off roading will stress them more. Or shimmy.
I have also fixed those by using grade 8 studs so you can use all the threads. Loctite them in, much stronger than just using the cap screws.

Is it the 4 bolts that hold the ball joint in? Does the steering arm bolt to it also? Sometimes those work loose because of the extra stress of the steering arm. Of course big tires and off roading will stress them more. Or shimmy.
I have also fixed those by using grade 8 studs so you can use all the threads. Loctite them in, much stronger than just using the cap screws.

No it is the actual upper threaded kingpin hole on the rear housing itself...

Latest posts

Back