Boogety, boogety, boogety, lets go racin boys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't watch it either. A quarter mile is a race, 500 miles is a trip. :D (or is that Indy where they race 500 miles ?...........I don't watch that one either)

Don

I watch a lot of NASCAR and enjoy it. The new Gen 6 car is a big improvement visually and should make the racing more interesting. A while back I did a ride along at Las Vegas. That caused me to appreciate what the drivers do all the more. Always been interested in the mechanical side and am amazed at the power and RPM's they get out of a pushrod engine.

Always been a Jeff Gordon fan but I believe he's past his prime.

NASCAR to me is like taking a handful of skittles dropping them in the toilet an hitting the handle....

I can't understand how any car guy wouldn't have an appreciation for all motor sports. You don't have to be a fan but I don't understand the antagonism.

But, if you prefer ballet, that's your business.[ddd

Good point, Bob.

I'm not a NASCAR fan... but many of my friends are because they've been there.

Vice versa on the NHRA...

I have stood between a pair of fuel cars on a few occasions. TV can't begin to replicate the sounds, smells and organ shaking power of drag racing, but if you've been there, you can "feel" the excitement when you watch it.

I'm sure NASCAR is the same and I'd love to see it live sometime.

Are you going to Phoenix this year? I'm going to the first race in 2 weeks.

dmw56,

I'm not going to the first race in Phoenix cause I got this knee thing going on.
That plus my wife/travel partner can't take off. She's a high school principal.
But I will go to the second race there. With or without her.
Enjoy it.

POPS

I've drag raced and I've did a few circles. And I will be the first to admit that turning left takes a lot more skill then going straight. And I've been to both major drag race events and major circle track races and I will NEVER sit and watch either but I do respect the engineering in both of them.

I didn't even know that a race was today lol

I watch a lot of NASCAR and enjoy it. The new Gen 6 car is a big improvement visually and should make the racing more interesting. A while back I did a ride along at Las Vegas. That caused me to appreciate what the drivers do all the more. Always been interested in the mechanical side and am amazed at the power and RPM's they get out of a pushrod engine.

Always been a Jeff Gordon fan but I believe he's past his prime.
I did laps as a ride along at Texas a few years back, I couldnt handle the g-forces. I was light headed for a couple of hours. Guess I wont be going up in fighter jet. :eek:

I don't watch it much anymore, used to and even went to Charlotte once and one of the last big races at Riverside (Tim Richmond won). I usually try to watch Daytona though. And yes I have a full set of teeth, and no my mom and dad weren't related before they got married.
But the Boogety saying, Daryl Walthrip was the biggest whiner ever.

This fella at the grocery store today was standing in line behind all the food shopper with a case of beer and he was all like "can y'al open up a register fer me I'm in a hurry man i need to get back to the race"

I've never been able to get very excited watching cars going in circles for hours on end. Any sport where yellow flags dropped for no reason other than to attempt to make the race interesting is going to lose me in a hurry. I used to go to the local small dirt oval and figure 8 races as a kid and enjoyed that at the time. I've always enjoyed going to the NHRA Mile High Nationals here, but don't tune in on TV very often. I'm more of a road racing fan and enjoy endurance racing where they mix up prototypes and "stock" based cars. Lots of passing and strategy - and they can race in the rain. Love watching hill climb racing here in Colorado. Hoping to check out some dirt flat track motorcycle races this year.

I've never been a huge NASCAR fan, but you really need to see at least one race before your ticket is punched. Especially if you can stand next to the fence when they go by at full speed. What a rush.

Latest posts

Back