Brake Pedal Travel?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtyrat

Got Fins?
I'm using one of the 7" boosters with a dual master, similar to what Speedway sells.

bm1545white_large.jpg

How much travel do you guys allow for when mocking up the brake pedal?
Specifically I mean the brake MC rod, not the pedal itself, since all pedals and pivots are different.

I'm trying to sort out how much pedal swing I'm going to have, and also trying to mock up having the pedal assembly not inline with the brake MC rod.

Thanks for any input fellas!

I screw the rod out to the point I can just get the pivot pin in the pedal arm without moving the pedal or the rod.

I screw the rod out to the point I can just get the pivot pin in the pedal arm without moving the pedal or the rod.

I don't have the pedal assembly I'm going to use fabricated yet.
I'm just looking for actual typical rod travel on the MC.

I think I may just use a similar pedal from the F1, and have it travel outside the frame, and have some nice beefy mounts for a rod to go through and then have the arm that attaches to the MC rod on the inside of the frame rail...

If anyone has some travel info on these, that would help out alot, I dont want to fab it all up and find out I don't have enough pedal travel to stop the car :rolleyes:

I'll try to get some pics up later today of my plans...

If you don't have 4 to 5" of pedal swing from top to bottom, you won't have enough travel of the booster/master cylinder to have brakes.
The free pedal is from 1" to 2" and then you have master cylinder pressure that applies the brakes.
I misunderstood your original question.

Latest posts

Back