Brakes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpm14

I'm running a wilwood master cylinder on my 54 dodge rat truck. If I'm applying the brakes a lot like in traffic the brakes start not disengaging all the way. I have to let it cool down before they will disengage. Any thoughts???

Number of questions....

low mount master cylinder....as in under floor boards....?? Brakes over tightened? Residual valves...manual prop valve, bad rubber hoses.....the list could go on and on.....need a tad more info and picks of the set up would be dandy.... :D

Frame mount and all new hoses and lines. Took the residual valves off because it was worse when I had them on. Still have the manual prop valve. Trying to post pics but having problems.

Need more info. Discs on front or drums ? What about the back ? What Wilwood cylinder do you have ? Post some pictures of your setup.

Put your pictures into something like photobucket and try posting them that way.

Don

hears some pics

Attachments

• rat rod 004.jpg
    rat rod 004.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 25
  • rat rod 001.jpg
    rat rod 001.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 22
The rod between the pedal and the plunger in the master is probably adjusted to tight. It needs just a little bit of free play in it.

Thanks RPM, I adjusted the rod so it had some play and it helped a lot. It still builds up pressure but doesn't leave the brakes applied now. A friend told me to put the residual valves back on and that should fix it. My master cylinder sits lower then my wheel cylinders. Tanks everybody for the tips!!!!

Latest posts

Back