Briggs vs Murry

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35Mastr

Mastr Blastr
I have seen this a few times in the ads for 30-31 model As.I know ford used both of these bodys then.Now my question is whats is the difference in the two?

Yea Master, I'm pretty sure there is a difference. I thought that it was in the slant of the windshield posts and some other differences, mostly in the areas of the windows. I'll see if I can find some pics of the differences when I get home. I might be totally wrong about this, but that's what I recall.

several differences, cowl, doors, trim, can't give em all off the top of my head, but a briggs cowl is pretty neat, looks like a 30/31 but the tank drops in from the bottom like a 28/29, gives it look inbetween a model a and a 32

my ratrod on our site has one, but i don't have any good close up shots of it
trailerqueen1.jpg

Last edited:
As mentioned, several differences. My Son knows all of them, because his is a Murray, and he researched it, but I only know a few. The cowl is longer on the Murray and the window openings are not squared off like the Briggs, but more rounded in the corners. Also, we are all familiar with the usual sweep of the cowl/windshield post that distinquishes most 1928-29 Fords, but the Murray does not do that , and is often mistaken for a '30-31. I also think the Murray only came in fordor versions, but could be wrong on that.

Some parts interchange, some do not. See how the windows are more roundish in the picture below?

Don

Attachments

• dans fordor side view.jpg
    dans fordor side view.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back