british columbia...canada

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30sx

hello from b.c.i am into the ratrod thing because i like frame swaps, unpainted hotrods, and doing 99% of the work myself, plus it ****es off all the high rollers around here that i am driving while their ride is hiding in the shop:) currently doing a 48 merc coupe on a s10 frame/305 chevy/350 th/7.5"rear oop,s see from the little stars blocking out a word i wrote that,s not acepptable sorry won,t happen again

Welcome 30 from the east side of the Rockies. Does your '48 look a little like this Monarch or is a short door coupe. I'm hoping to put the sedan in the background and the coupe together some day. Any how, we'd still like to see some pictures, especially in the build section. Keep on tinkering. I can't seem to upload this picture, sorry.

Welcome 30 from the east side of the Rockies. Does your '48 look a little like this Monarch or is a short door coupe. I'm hoping to put the sedan in the background and the coupe together some day. Any how, we'd still like to see some pictures, especially in the build section. Keep on tinkering. I can't seem to upload this picture, sorry.

my grille is not a monarch style, it has the regular mercury screen type inserts on both sides...also have a 47 bussiness mans coupe that i have been looking at hard it would be nice to swap bodies over but it needs rocker work and i have already done that on the other one:eek: p.s. the other coupe has long doors

Hi 30sx, I'm determined to post some of my Merc pictures. Here's a '48 Monarch coupe and a '47 sedan awaiting my touch.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi 30sx, I'm determined to post some of my Merc pictures. Here's a '48 Monarch coupe and a '47 sedan awaiting my touch.

that 4dr looks solid! nice to see some bodys that haven,t been picked clean of all their trim. i think your 4dr. is an american model judging by the grille differances...looks like you have a barn full of future projects lined up.

Last edited:
Hi 30. Sharp eye. Yes it is an American Merc. I don't have the Gods head with the winged hardhat on my grille but I have eight written up and down in the middle of the grille. Mine has the 118" wheel base and I think yours is the 114", like a Ford.

Latest posts

Back