Can't put my finger on it

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
Something seems odd about this..just can't put my finger on it:rolleyes:

Attachments

• wingding.jpg
    wingding.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 72
Aside from the fact that there's no rust on it, and it's a nice looking build. I'd say the only odd things are the homemade bed and the square, off-road headlights. A couple of unnecessary items are the wing and the bed cover. But then again it makes it unique from every other pick up of that year.
I wonder if the builder had this in mind, so that you would stare at it a little longer going...HMMMMM.

It is the one thing that is hardest to explain to a person just coming into this hobby........pick a theme and stick with it. If you decide to do a traditional rod, don't go putting stuff like a diamond plate bed cover and spoiler on it. :eek:

I've mentioned this one before. There is a beautiful '32 five window Ford coupe in my area........totally traditional. Full fendered, raked, bigs and littles, wide whitewalls, just terrific in every respect. HOWEVER, the guy likes Harleys, and had the trim shop do the interior up in saddlebag fringe. Now, I'm not talking a little bit of fringe, I'm talking major fringe. :eek: Every time I see it at a show I have to walk up and look inside to see if he has finally changed it to some tuck and roll,(and he hasn't) but usually some other person is also standing there saying something like "what the h*** was he thinking???"

I realize it's his car, but...............................

Don

UHHH guys...reality check...LOL
Before we get off on the wrong road here. How many times have we had our rides picked apart by others because we're different? Let's not put his ride under a microscope. Saddlebag interior, Mexican blanket interior, no interior. It's all the builders option.

UHHH guys...reality check...LOL
Before we get off on the wrong road here. How many times have we had our rides picked apart by others because we're different? Let's not put his ride under a microscope. Saddlebag interior, Mexican blanket interior, no interior. It's all the builders option.

Didn't mean to dis the guy, its actually a nice truck. Just one of those things that makes me go..HHMMMMM. I look at my own stuff at times and say"what was I thinking?"

i think he is just wasting his time...that thing will never rust ...there is too much paint..i think he totally missed the rat rod mark lol send him a link to the h.a.m.b :D:D:D

I look at my own stuff at times and say"what was I thinking?"

At times??? I do that daily.

I once posted a photo of the progress of my build on a site. They wasted four pages picking it apart. I was ready to give up on rodding all together, let alone my build. So you can see where I'm coming from.

I personaly like the wing on the black truck. Not as much on the blue one.
I won a wing at a car show, and looked at putting it on my truck, but could not figure out if it was really what I wanted, so I still have it hanging out in the shop.

Come on now!!!

At times??? I do that daily.

I once posted a photo of the progress of my build on a site. They wasted four pages picking it apart. I was ready to give up on rodding all together, let alone my build.

Lakota,
What r u doin' listenin' to a bunch of people who don't even have cars rippin' u're truck. I like u're ride... now if it just had brakes!!! ; - >

BoB

a riced put old skool rod, that's something you don't see everyday. I have to admit though, it could be worse, and it dosn't look bad for what he did. Still not something i would do. Don, whats wrong with fringe? It couldn't be any worse then the fur interiors everyone in the mini-truck scene does :p.

Me, I like things understated. Even in my street racing days, I like cars that look stock. Never care for 16" tires or the wing thing. As in the example, it would be too gaudy for my tastes but I know a lot of people will like it.

But, then again, there are people that like DONK cars too..........LOL

I just passed one of those idiotic donks the other day when I went to the spring shop. It's in the bad part of town, and this late '60's Chevy convert is going the other way. Some dude with all the gold trappings on and the bass turned up all the way. Probably a banker, I would guess. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Don

Oh damn! That black one is a IHC like mine! Ewe.... I don't usually dog peoples ideas but this is just not right...

Latest posts

Back