Car Wreck and Fire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose-em

How great can a day be?

Around 10am this morning my mom called to report that my youngest brother had been in a car wreck.

He had to be removed from his 05 malibu by removing the roof with the jaws of life.

He was broadsided by a F250 who had run a red light and because my brother was making a left turn HE got the ticket.

Luckily he only suffered a broken collarbone and a concussion. He is home and doing fine.

To top that off one of my other brothers lives in Eagle Mountain Utah where a forest fire started last night.

This morning he and his wife were at work when the Sheriff went around evacuating houses in his area.

Because he wasn't home but his kids were, his oldest is old enough to watch the kids, the sheriff went ahead and took his kids to a safe location but did not get in touch with my brother to tell him where his kids were.

He heard about the fire being within a 1/4 mile of his area on the radio and went home to find his kids missing.

Luckily he found them but has abandoned his home and is hoping it doesn't burn down.

Some days just suck!

Here is the car he was in. WOW!!!!

Attachments

• kaceywreckedcar.jpg
    kaceywreckedcar.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 52
The part about the fire and the kids really sux. Why didn't they call and tell you they had your kids.

The crashed car part doesn't make sense that a guy runs a red light and you get the ticket. It could happen to any of us but not anyone whose situational awareness is kicked in. Riding a motorcycle made me never trust a green light with my life, always still look both ways, twice.

I'd go to court and fight that ticket. Sounds like a blind cop.

Hope the fire gets put out quick. Those wildfires have been bad this year.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had, but that wreck looks like he was lucky to come out alive. :eek: Someone was watching out for him.

I agree that he should consult a good Attorney who is a pitbull. They can do wreck reconstructions and prove who was at fault.

Don

Since they say things come in threes, I might have been apprehensive about taking the father in-law for that ride.
This post was only 34 min before the ride post :eek:

Luckily I took the father in law for the ride the week before. Just a late poster.

Looks like the fire is out so my brother is good. Found his children.

Bonehead you are right. I once witnessed a crash involving a left turn out there.

The car in front of me was turning left as was I. It was night and nobody was coming. She started to make the turn and I was right behind her, like I said nobody was coming.

All of a sudden BAM she got T-boned.

Some idiot was driving without his lights on..

Went to court and he won, Judge said, in Utah it does not matter, and I quote, "if a helicopter were to fall out of the sky and hit someone making a left turn the person turning left is at fault."

Seems like a strange law at the surface but when you think about the percentage of awful accidents made in left turn situations, it kinda makes more sense. There used to be a lawyer who advertised in Easyriders. He specialized in left turn scooter/cage lawsuits.
I heard that weird little Herbert Hoover wouldn't allow his driver to make a left turn, had to make 3 rights.

Seems like a strange law at the surface but when you think about the percentage of awful accidents made in left turn situations, it kinda makes more sense. There used to be a lawyer who advertised in Easyriders. He specialized in left turn scooter/cage lawsuits.
I heard that weird little Herbert Hoover wouldn't allow his driver to make a left turn, had to make 3 rights.
I guess you could say he was never wrong if they were all right :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back