Carburetors are Outlawed-New Law

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex1927

I saw on another large car site that a bill had been slipped thru and was now law.Comes into effect in 2012 ,if I rember correctly.No vehicles will be allowed on roads of the United States that have carburetors,no matter what age,even if they had them from factory.I went to SEMA site yesterday trying to get information and got lost.Their site is so huge and complicated.Other car site says it was on associated press a few weeks ago.Anyone know about this?I can`t afford a new car!My daily driver is a 1980 pickup with carburetor.It will be a disaster for me and a lot of other people.

I know one thing, It'll be a cold day in hell when I comply with it! Damn communist jerks! I wanna see em enforce it! I think it probably means all new cars and trucks. There's no way they could expect a law like that to hold up for existing vehicles already on the road.

Last edited:
Probably CA. I've heard they wanted to ban black cars - reduce air conditioner use.

There is a group that wants red rims banned too - but those guys are kinda Hokey. ;)

No way!

I'm sorry but there is no way that would be possible! Maybe for new cars but how in the world could they ever enforce that? :eek:

Beercan

I'm sorry but there is no way that would be possible! Maybe for new cars but how in the world could they ever enforce that? :eek:

Beercan

"State vehicle safety inspection, and emissions inspection." That's how it will be enforced! Virginia has already passed law that requires even antiques to pass safety inspection. They must have all safety equipment that was originally installed when new. Many antique car owners and rodders are not aware of the law cuz it's not currently enforced, but it's on the books. When "no carb" laws are forced on the states by the fed the states will simply pass law limiting the use of antiques and rods, probably parades only!!
What ever happened to the U.S. Constitution? [ and I don't mean the boat]
We need a revolution so we can start a free country!!

Lets hope that is exagerated. Otherwise Stromberg will have to find a way to cleverly disguise a TBI into their housing.
Boy there is so many ways to make fun of rediculious laws like that, Imagine all the new green jobs that will be created, The change we need, Finding a TBI in a junkyard will be like trying to buy ammunition... and the list goes on.
Most likely is will be a ban on all new cars sold, of course what new car (in the US)isn't FI?

yeah

i say its time to oranize the worlds largest cruise and end it at our governments door step! now that would be a site! dp1

Ah it just makes it where the cops can stop you for absolutely anything. And if something is wrong (cracked windshield, loud exhaust, etc...) then they can give you a fix it ticket. Then you have a month to fix the problem, show the judge that its fixed, or pay a good size ticket, and get another fix it ticket at the same time.

Latest posts

Back