Carburetors are Outlawed-New Law

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No saftey inspections in Washington. Some places do emissions testing but not wher I live. So nuthin for me either.

BTW I checked all over the net and could not find anything about this. Even the urban legands web site.

There is a story about China banning carbs for new vehicles, tech but I don't knw hklow old a pulling storwg it is. Couldn't fffind anyttk..hing else rabbit" about the USA banning aeuc.$ on the run with xl39j ...deeedddddddddd
d
ddddd

There is a story about China banning carbs for new vehicles, tech but I don't knw hklow old a pulling storwg it is. Couldn't fffind anyttk..hing else rabbit" about the USA banning aeuc.$ on the run with xl39j ...deeedddddddddd
d
ddddd

Are you okay there Sam? sounds like you coughed up a hairball.:eek:

I read something about this a couple of weeks ago....this is Obama's plan to help clean the air....( he took money from some lobby group). Basically it boils down to each year new cars will be made more fuel efficiant one step at a time until 2012. I don't remember anything about anyone slipping in a bill to outlaw carbs. Besides, all cars for the past ten years have either TBI or fuel injection. I can see it all now Speedway putting out a conversion kit for your lawnmower. But take heart...I did read an article that somewhere I can't remember, the lawmakers made a law against other lawmakers....now lawmakers and neighborhood committees can't screw over hot rodders...they can't tow your rod off your property, or even harrass you because it's not complete, or in progress, or is not registered. All they require is that you "shield it" from sight. That means a simple tarp over it when you're not working on it.

Damn it bonehead..!!

I spewed pepsi all over my GD puter and keyboard..!!! LMRAO....hairball....OMG.,...LMAO:D:D:D::eek:

No mechanical inspections in Tennessee either just local annual emissions testing for newer cars & trucks up to 10,500 lbs when you renew your tags. Anything earlier than 1974 is exempt from that as well. Lucky for Hot Rodders huh? Another plus for hot rodders is the one time Tennessee $38.00 antique registration option good for as long as you own the vehicle. The down side to this is the limited weekend and special events operation of the vehicle your expected to follow. Basically at a cops option, you can be pulled over and cited for running the vehicle during the week as a daily driver if not for a special event or purpose. Like most laws, it has it's up side and it's down side.

Thunder

carb law sounds like BS to me. I presently live in a state with no emissions laws enforvement and no state inspections. Some of the crap I see on the streets makes me wish they had inspections again.

Ain't it the truth!!! Great post. I see something very similar to that POS cruising the streets around here lately. I'm always tempted to tailgate him and blow my horn a lot!!

Ya in Michigan there arnt any inspection laws either. You should see some of the crap driving down the road. I literally say a door to a ford tempo laying in the road one day. I actually had to laugh. I thought this really brings new meaning to "drive it till the doors fall off"

Ya in Michigan there arnt any inspection laws either. You should see some of the crap driving down the road. I literally say a door to a ford tempo laying in the road one day. I actually had to laugh. I thought this really brings new meaning to "drive it till the doors fall off"

Dang, wished you would've picked it up, that was my door!
Really tho, the scrappers around here must have scrapped their chains too, so much junk falls off it's like an obstacle course on these roads everyday

a no carb law is crap, how would it possibly be enforced nation wide? i'm in ohio and to the best of my knowlage the only safty inspections are when getting a "self constructed vehicale" title (hot rods with no titles, kit cars, ect.). the car has to pass an inspection by the state highway patrol for safty and street legal compliance. Also, a cop can order an inspection if he / she feels a car is not fit for road use, but i've never heard of it acctually being done.

if and when they do pass such a law then and only then it will be time for all Rat rodders , hot rodders and such to UNite and rebel against this law in each state & all car clubs and more joing up together and forming an alliance to rebel against this law, but what could we call this newly formed alliance? The League of Anit-Carb Rodders?, The United CARBUERATOR Nation, Justice Carbs, The 4 barrell Millitia, etc. etc. sounds funny but we could do this BROTHERS!!!! j/k

Latest posts

Back