Changing jobs..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim...Ok

I know some people who do it all the time, but thats not me..After 24 years at the same place, yesterday I gave my notice..I'm scared,nervous and excited all at the same time..Got a new gig lined up, almost the same work, might actually be less stressful once I learn the ropes of how they do things..Much bigger company,seems to have things going on..The old place has brought in new management over the last year and things are really not going well..
Out of a NC Programming Dept of 6 people, 5 have given their notice in the last 3 days..I would think that would send a pretty strong message that this isn't working..
I didn't need anything, just wanted to let my friends on here know what is going on in my little world:D

Tim

Wow, 24 years same job, that says a lot of good things about you. Not many people can say that any more.

You are being smart from the sounds of it. You didn't blindly stay at the old job when there are signs all around you that the ship has a hole in it. Where there is smoke like you were seeing there is fire, and I bet a year down the road they are in trouble or gone. If you had stayed things would have gotten even worse than they are there today.

Take it from someone who has changed jobs more often than I change my socks, it is always exciting and a fresh start when you do it. The new company is lucky to have a guy who has your kind of work history.........no one lasts that long without being a good employee. [cl[cl

Don

Latest posts

Back