channeling needed?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

48chevy

i am going to be building a 47 fleetine and will be bagging it want it to sit flat on the ground how do i figure out how much channeling i will need to do?

channel

first things first, if you sit your frame on the ground you wont have to channel the body, but if you channel the body you may not want to lower the frame, <head room floor, stuff like that,dont know what your kind of kustom your building so kind of guessing man,good luck more info on what kind your building would help:cool:

channel

You really need to set your frame up first. and if possible have the motor and tranny in as well. the weight of the body will not lower the frame much but the motor and tranny can. Determine how low you want the body to be. then measure to the top of the frame rails then add an inch for 1x2 floor supports. hope this helps it works for me.

we usually channel them till the rockers are even with the bottom of the frame,if you want the rockers on the ground when aired out.I have a frame table at the shop that we use for this,but iv seen it done with 2x4 square tubing ontop of jackstands under the chassis...then channel the body till the rockers hit the 2x4 then you know when the body is even with the chassis.

I haven't done any measuring on my Olds, but It looked to me that the rockers an frame are already in the same plane. Btw, are the Chevys leaf springs in the rear? My Olds has coils.

Latest posts

Back