Colorado rat owners, mass vacation?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer on that is no. You only have to adhere to the laws of the state you are licensened in. Except for stuff like seat belt laws and cell phone laws the inspections stuff they can not enforce.

Great news! Thanks!
I think I'll probably build fenders for the front anyways since any weather we might hit may cause problems.
I'll build something like what prowlers have that move with the wheels.
Something with style.

So I put the trip Idea to the wife the other day and she said she would do it! Then I reminded her it would be during our 10 year anniversary. She said thats ok as long as I am with you! WOW! she amazes me!

Then she asks what we will drive due to the fact that EVERYTHING that I have as a hot rod is taken apart. Sometimes she is WAY too smart![S

I have been thinking of stripping the cab and bed off my 90 Chevy shop truck and dropping the 50 GMC 2 ton cab on it. it would travel well with the 03 5.3L motor, OD trans and 3:42 gears. Guess I will be busy![;)

So I put the trip Idea to the wife the other day and she said she would do it! Then I reminded her it would be during our 10 year anniversary. She said thats ok as long as I am with you! WOW! she amazes me!

Then she asks what we will drive due to the fact that EVERYTHING that I have as a hot rod is taken apart. Sometimes she is WAY too smart![S

I have been thinking of stripping the cab and bed off my 90 Chevy shop truck and dropping the 50 GMC 2 ton cab on it. it would travel well with the 03 5.3L motor, OD trans and 3:42 gears. Guess I will be busy![;)

That's great news! I talked to mine about it as well and she was very interested! I reminded her that it will be a long, hot noisy trip in a truck that will likely rattle like a tin can for thousands of miles, all she requested is that we have a stereo with iPod hookups [cl

Ya know, even though they're from mars....or Venus or something, there are some keepers out there :)
It also makes for a great excuse to be able to do some work, and buy more crap for said work :)

Last edited:
This would be fun and Bonneville is a fun place to go. It's only 90 miles for me is even better!

If any Colorado rat owners have room to haul a photographer and some gear along for this ride, let me know. I'm interested, but my daily driver would not fit in with the rest of the gang. I'd be up to helping with costs and want to get at least as far as Bonniville, but don't know if I could afford cost or time to do full tour through Cali.

Mike, I was hoping you'd catch onto this thread! Your photography of all this iron would be SWEET!!!
I'll lye the idea out to others not on the forum too if thats okay with you.
I'd let you tag along with me if I had room but a chopped and sectioned p/u is tight enough for 2 already and I don't think you nor your gear would fair well in the bed. :)

We have "salt Flats" up here too! rt202, rt9, rt47, main st ....all between nov and april!:D

Hey so is this run getting any traction so to speak? I have the wife talked into going for our 10th anniversary. I am about to pull the trigger on a sheet metal swap on the shop truck to take out there. I will be putting the 1950 2 Ton cab on my 90 C2500 chassis with a step side bed. Just seeing if there has been any orginization on an RRR run to Bonny. Might want to see if the Mods could make this a sticky for the last 6 months before we go (hint hint!)[P

Hey so is this run getting any traction so to speak? I have the wife talked into going for our 10th anniversary. I am about to pull the trigger on a sheet metal swap on the shop truck to take out there. I will be putting the 1950 2 Ton cab on my 90 C2500 chassis with a step side bed. Just seeing if there has been any orginization on an RRR run to Bonny. Might want to see if the Mods could make this a sticky for the last 6 months before we go (hint hint!)[P

I'm saving my milk money and I'm still going!! I don't care what my parents say!!

This trip is still on! I ran into a sang on my build (spin mains on the engine) so I'm hoping to come across a solid 383 long block I can toss in. Still have quite a list on mine to be ready though :/ my buddy is dropping a fully built 350 with a built 700r4 and TPI into his caddy, and we have all decided worse comes to worse, a few of us will pile into his for the trip :)

Cool! Then I will start tearing the sheet metal off my 90 shop truck so I can drop the 50 GMC body on it. Thats what we will be taking. We will have to peel off and head for home after Bonny though. Only so much time off we can get. [cl

So it looks like speed week is Aug 11-17 this year. Do you have a tentative leave date from your location? Talked to the boss and I should be able to get the time off as I will not have taken any vacation in 2 years.

So it looks like speed week is Aug 11-17 this year. Do you have a tentative leave date from your location? Talked to the boss and I should be able to get the time off as I will not have taken any vacation in 2 years.

Ink-n-iron is June 7th 8th and 9th this year.
My truck won't be ready for the show, but I have a buddy who is getting his car ready and ill be riding with him. Ill touch base with him and see what his thoughts are.

Latest posts

Back