Could nostalgia be dead??????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see there's a crowd that does a project for the purpose of having a flattie, will take longer to get their project done.
Then there's a crowd that will do a project to see how fast they can complete the work and this group is the ones most likely to use a SBC belly button.
Now myself I fall into a middle group in which I will take the time to build a project but I'll put the engine of the make of car in it (Pontiac, Olds, Ford, Dodge, Buick, etc. Just a quirk of mine :eek: [S
Every group is a rodder at heart and just enjoy the hobby in their own manner.
The hobby has grown so much in the past ten years that it just may look like there's not as many building the nostalgic way. A process of dilution of the hobby you might say.
OK I'll quit here :confused: :eek:

It's been summed up..the US economy has killed the flathead market in favour of belly button sbc's and the like. It will bounce back when the economy picks up and people realise power isn't the be all and end all of hot rodding but looking good is.

Nostalgia is all well & good but after you spend a ton of money on a flattie and someone blows your doors off with a mild SBC, people start to realize why the OHV motors gained wide acceptance back in the day that lead to the first demise of the flathead.

Toad

I have wanted to build a Model A traditional style with a Flattie, but after some research on the web I've come to the conclusion that this is no small task or cheap either. So I guess what I am saying is I don't think nostalgia is dead, it's just too expensive, but I will build one some day regardless, even if I have to save for every part and it takes me 10 years.

Mac.

Latest posts

Back