coupster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodent

has anyone seen pic's or seens threads about chopping off the roof of a model A coupe to turn in a roadster............anyone help plzzzzzzzz

17.jpg

A few years ago I built a tub out of a '27 Chrysler 4 door. One thing that was important to me was to make the doors thin, like a roadster. If you leave the doors thick, with the window channel still there, it will look like a cut off coupe. In the pic you can how thick the doors on the right side are. I "thinned" them to 1 1/4" which is the thidkness of a Model T roadster door.
On a Model A coupe, you will probably want to "thin" the quarters too. Look at some roadsters and let that be your guide.

your anglia looks like it was parked in the bushes after a hard night out![cl

has anyone seen pic's or seens threads about chopping off the roof of a model A coupe to turn in a roadster............anyone help plzzzzzzzz
My dad had a 34 tu-door Ford C-dan that he cut the top off. The one thing I remember about that was it required a lot of extra metal for bracing and it still felt like it had too much body flex. Not that it can't be done, but it takes quite a bit of planning and for thought before the saw ever touches the body.

If you do it, send me the roof! I got a coupester right now but would love a chopped coupe. Along with thinning the doors, the opening/where you sit, is gonna be a lot longer than coupe, the panel above the trunk will be a lot shorter. Plus there's the windsheild. Some people think it doesn't look right, some think it looks good. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Latest posts

Back