custom front end???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
can any one tell me or show me how to do the custom sheet metal work on the front of my 50 ford coupe to make it look like this?
From this ....
clonetruckpics012-1.jpg

to this....
picture009smallla2.jpg

Or this....
2c84_1.jpg

Man i can really dig a flaoting grill with the molded in fenders and hood!!!!!

I believe they use a 49-51 merc insert. The shoe box ford has a smaller cavity then the merc, so lots of work to get it right.

Tom, I have a 54 chevy center grill with teeth and blinkers. Its painted but fairly dent free. If you shortened it it would look similiar to the first pick, or get creative. Your welcome to it if you want it.

Attachments

• kat244.jpg
    kat244.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 16
Tom, I have a 54 chevy center grill with teeth and blinkers. Its painted but fairly dent free. If you shortened it it would look similiar to the first pick, or get creative. Your welcome to it if you want it.

Wow that would be awsome! how much do you want for it ?
Is that your chopped 54?

You can have it for the price of shipping. That 54 is similiar to the one I sold, but mine was a 2 door sedan. Man do I miss that car. The ese pix are when I started the chop. I don't have any from when I sold it.

Attachments

• pix%20001.jpg
    pix%20001.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 17
  • pix%20008.jpg
    pix%20008.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
You can have it for the price of shipping. That 54 is similiar to the one I sold, but mine was a 2 door sedan. Man do I miss that car. The ese pix are when I started the chop. I don't have any from when I sold it.
Can you find out the cost for shipping to 104 raspberry road,ermine ky 41815?
I sold my 54 to a friend of mine and i miss it too but at least i might get to ride in it some day [we help each other a lot] its like getting to still work on the 54 but not having to flip the bill for parts ,its kinda cool that way for ous both!
Are there any parts that you need right now??

Latest posts

Back