Dakota clip

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudyrodder

Have 52 ford F1, been browsing around and have seen a few people thinking of useing a Dodge Dakota front clip. Not alot of info out there. Just wondering if I was to "z" the front frame to get it lower?

Just thought I would trow that out there for you guys to kick around.

ANY IDEAS?

i have a 52 as well but im going to use a volare front clip and people that bitch about parts are wrong everything still is available.. the dakota clip will work but i beleive its a complete hack it off and weld it on issue. where as the volare still utilises the original frame. hope this helps

Hello all,
My Daddy has a 1949 Dodge truck and is using the whole frame and engine and all.he bought a truck from craigs list and took the body off and is using everything else.It is amazing how easy it has been.The wheel base had to be moved 7" in the rear and he just drilled out the rivets and moved it.The front track width is the same and it is working great.Just a thought..I will get some pics if you would like.[cl[cl[cl[;)

i found 93 dodge dakota ex cab with a 3.9l v6 for sale and was wondering the same thing-- why dont you hear more of these frames suspension etc being used --- also-- for a typical single truck cab open wheel rod whats a general frame length/width?

Latest posts

Back