Deadly storms in the Southeast

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Gold

Can't leave well enough alone!
I have been watching the news this morning and seeing the aftermath of the storms sweeping through the south. Many fatalaties and injuries. I hope everyone is allright and if there is anthing we all can do to help, just let us know.

We survived, but there is alot of damage scattered around us. Seems like everytime a Tornado breaks out in the South, it always comes up our street. I live beside a Fire Dept., so when the Tornado siren goes off, we pretty much stand straight up in the bed and head toward the Storm cellar.:D

I am in Oxford MS. We had i think two maybe three tornadoes. Several friends watched out the window of their houses as the funnel clouds touched down. We should all be grateful everyday for our health and families.

Man, ill say that has got to be freaky! We don't get anything like that up here in Jersey. No Earthquakes, Hurricanes. Does that stuff ever make you think about moving? Ive been to Tennessee before and it looks real nice, but man, that got to shake you up if your local.

It was looking kinda scary for a little bit here in East Tenn, mainly a bunch of rain and windy. West and middle Tenn got it bad:(.
Tim

Yeah west tenn. was rough. But no i never would consider leaving permanently. Who needs snow and salt on the roads. I will take a few thunderstorms and tornadoes every few years over snow and freezing weather every year.

Plus, the pace of life around here suits rat rods better in my opinion.

It did not get too rough around here. Most all the bad wether was up north Bama. Glad to see everyone around here came out OK.

For the record, it is the good ole "Alabama Thunderstorm" that really put me to sleep....And for the other record, "Reason4 hates bad wether":eek:

I live about 20 miles from one of the hardest hit areas in middle Tenn.(around 11 fatalities).Tornadoes in this area are not like the big ones you see out west where you see them coming they are smaller and come from nowhere, and it seems they always show up at night. I have seen them go through a subdiv. and totally blow one house away and suck the concrete sidewalks out of the ground but not even blow the vinyl siding off the house next door. If you happened to see the story about the natural gas pumping station that lightning struck the other night, It was 30 miles from me and I could see flames shooting in the air and it lit up the sky like sunrise, and this is hilly terrain. they said flames were as high as 400 ft. crazy stuff

An F4 hit just East of us in Jackson County, killed several people, including 2 entire familys, and tore up tons of schitt. I hate to see people like that in bad times. Were packing up clothes and items that don't fit anymore and taking them up this weekend. My boy is even packing up some toys for the kids that lost there stuff........

weather

Our prayer are with you. I grew up in Oklahoma, and lived through 4 that came through our farm. I'll put up with a little snow rather than those storms.

Latest posts

Back