Deals made with the Mrs? What have YOU done??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACKAZ

Ill start. I told my Mrs that I wont shave until my rods finished, thinking that it would annoy her enough to let me work on it more, well its kinda backfired and she likes it!!!! I got a pretty healthy beard going on ( 11 months so far ) and Im still struggling to get work done on it. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

My Ex told me if I bought another Harley she was gonna leave me ........ I bought 2 just to make sure she stayed gone:D

Reminds me of a Hank III song - "she said she was going to quit me if I didnt quit the booze, so I just started drikning more to see if she'd really choose."

I have to admit so far I havent had to really make any deals, about the only deal we have is one toy at a time. More or less I had to sell my offroad Jeep before I could buy a car. Working out of a 13x21 garage that wasnt that hard of a selling point.

Hmmm....I'm wondering what my excuse is. I haven't shaved since October 28th 1968, the day I got discharged from the Army (Honorable). My wife and kids have never seen my without a full beard!:eek:

My wife made me promise when I sold the Harley that I would not buy another one. Well I got three sense and if any of you see her, tell her I said hi.

girl friend I got now is great. She get on my butt for not getting enough done on the cars or bikes. I hope she does not start making threat for not getting them done

she made me leave the bullet holes in the body of the 27 chevy.
ok
that wasnt much of a cross to bear..........:D

I love my wife more than anything on this earth and I take very good care of her but she's my wife not my mother so I don't deal or see if she will "Let me" do this or that. I'm her husband and the head of the family and she would tell you (some of you know her) that she wouldn't have it any other way.

Sorry for the rant but it really pains me to her some guy say "if my wife would let me", I mean come on...there's a difference between "men" and "males".

BTW, I've been married 30 years to this lady.

I love my wife more than anything on this earth and I take very good care of her but she's my wife not my mother so I don't deal or see if she will "Let me" do this or that. I'm her husband and the head of the family and she would tell you (some of you know her) that she wouldn't have it any other way.

Sorry for the rant but it really pains me to her some guy say "if my wife would let me", I mean come on...there's a difference between "men" and "males".

WOW!!!! is all I can say

Heare's a great song for this thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj4vLZJhNEk

The 40 coupe I just bought was made on the premice that I sell one of my Bikes!! It's for sale, but I didn't tell her how I was going to price it!:D
BTW I make no deals without FULL knowledge and acceptance of my wife!! We are a team, equals, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Haven't had to make any deals, but if she ever gives me a hard time about the cars I remind her that I don't disappear to play golf or sit at the bar watching football all weekend like alot of guys...so I'm really the ideal husband. :D:cool:

Oh, and of course I'll get all the money I spent back and then some when I sell it. It's a sure-fire investment!!

So far that has worked....[ddd

Nobody is the BOSS at our house.
my wife encourages my hobbies (mostly guns and cars) and enjoys them as well.
and she can do anything she wants.(golf and shoes and handbags)
we dont hide things from each other.
it is a partnership
not a dictatorship.

I think you guys are getting the wrong idea, I'm not a dictator...I don't hide anything from her...But the man should be the leader of his family, wife is my partner but we aren't equal...I am the stronger one. When a guy was harassing my wife at work I was the one who dotted his eyes and sent him back in to apologize to her...When my daughter was ruffed up by her boyfriend I'm the one who split his bag and ran his leg through it.

I'm just saying a guy shouldn't have to deal or beg permission with his wife, a relationship like that is just as unhealthy as one where the man is overbearing and mean to his wife which I am not.

Also, being trustworthy to not go out and buy a vehicle or anything else that would put the families finances in jeopardy is part of being a man and a good husband.

As you can tell I'm a little passionate about this subject, my wife and I counsel couples who are having trouble in these areas...today's families are a mess mostly because the man has forgot his role.

I agree with Tired Iron....

My wife is from the old school too...the man is the head of the household but we discuss nearly every decision that is made regarding about everything..not asking permission but out of respect for my wife....I wouldn't buy anything over 1,000 bucks without at least letting her know...she has never denied my doing or buying anything and I don't ask her about the things she buys.....she knows that I work hard at my job and I think she appreciates how hard I work at being a good husband and father too....we have a great relationship and I wouldn't trade her for anything.....:D

Ive used the line , " I got to ask my wife before I can bring this home" but what Im thinking is I need some time to think about this deal, I want it but I dont think I should get it. I use to bring trucks home without saying anything to my wife and she would get ****ed but now I tell her first and even try to tell her why I want it (she usually losses interest pretty quick when I start talking cars) and she is cool and the last two buys I think she was more on board than I.I think lifes a bitch and if we cant do what we want within reason because of our spouse its time to start buying a bunch of harleys. With that being said I was with my first wife for eight years , nine years longer than I should of been. Like I said , Lifes a bitch .

Latest posts

Back