Deals made with the Mrs? What have YOU done??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is from the old school too...the man is the head of the household but we discuss nearly every decision that is made regarding about everything..not asking permission but out of respect for my wife....I wouldn't buy anything over 1,000 bucks without at least letting her know...she has never denied my doing or buying anything and I don't ask her about the things she buys.....she knows that I work hard at my job and I think she appreciates how hard I work at being a good husband and father too....we have a great relationship and I wouldn't trade her for anything.....:D

Exactly, wonderfully said...in the end it's really all about trusting one another and that doesn't happen overnight.

We have an agreement. She doesn't have animals in the house and I don't have car parts in the yard. Although at the moment, my daughter has a pet rabbit in her room and I have my truck parked in her garden. :rolleyes:

One day she did tell me I couldn't get another car until she got one (I think she wants an old Mustang), but she was OK with the idea of me dragging home a 30 Buick? She also told me 'No station wagons, ever!' Sure I could drag one home, but I'd have to hear about it for ever - not nagging or such, more like sarcasm - she'd probably call it my old school minivan or something less pleasant. :p

I think of her as my voice of reason.

funny how that works.....

We have an agreement. She doesn't have animals in the house and I don't have car parts in the yard. Although at the moment, my daughter has a pet rabbit in her room and I have my truck parked in her garden. :rolleyes:

One day she did tell me I couldn't get another car until she got one (I think she wants an old Mustang), but she was OK with the idea of me dragging home a 30 Buick? She also told me 'No station wagons, ever!' Sure I could drag one home, but I'd have to hear about it for ever - not nagging or such, more like sarcasm - she'd probably call it my old school minivan or something less pleasant. :p

I think of her as my voice of reason.

Even if she doesn't say anything....you can still hear her voice in the back of your mind saying "what the heck were you thinking?"...LOL

Back in the 80s when we didn't have much I purchased a WWII Half Track and had it shipped here from Israel half of it was missing and some of it was burnt. It costs $5,000 including shipping and I was so excited about getting it, once it arrived the wife looked at it and said "this is what you've been so excited about?"

M16_00.jpg

After restoring it we cleared $10k on it...she never even thinks about my dealings anymore.

M16_2.jpg

No wife but 2 ex-wives. Both of them griped and complained when I would buy another car but were always there with their hand out when I sold it for profit.
Yeah, right, you wouldn't support me when I was buying so don't expect anything when I sell it either. If you want spare money, then you buy and sell something for profit just like I do.

Latest posts

Back