Dennis Gage house burned.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

I found this on another site. I guess it happen two day before Christmas.

I feel bad for him and his family. I got to meet him at the Wheels of Time Show

Here the stories and some pictures'

EVANSVILLE — The northern Vanderburgh County home of Dennis Gage, host of the Speed TV series "My Classic Car," was destroyed in an early morning fire Thursday.
His wife, Ellen Gage, and son Samuel Gage safely escaped from the house, located at 13930 Brownwood Lane about five miles south of Interstate 64, when the fire broke out about 2:45 a.m.
Dennis Gage, known for his handlebar mustache, was not at home Wednesday night. Martha Scheessele, spokeswoman for MadStache, Gage's multimedia production company, said he was in the Chicago area, where he had been visiting his gravely ill mother.

"Gage returned to Evansville on Thursday," Scheessele said, but was not available for comment.
Scheessele said Gage's collectible cars and motorcycles are housed in an unattached garage and were not damaged in the fire.
Scott Township Fire Department Chief Keith Kahre described the house as a total loss.
The rear of the house was fully involved when Scott Township firefighters arrived, said Fire Investigator Nathan Stoermer said.
Firefighters remained on the scene for several hours Thursday to squelch hot spots.
With early morning temperatures in the 20s, the water that firefighters used quickly turned to ice as it flowed down the property's steep driveway.
Kahre said the cause of the fire, which appeared to have began near the back of the house, remains under investigation.
Investigators won't be able to determine the fire's cause until next week, Stoermer said Thursday afternoon.
"The damage is so great they're probably going to have to bring in some machinery to move some big pieces of the house around. The rest of the house is very unstable, and we'll need to get it shored up," he said.
"With the holidays coming, we probably won't know anything until Monday or Tuesday of next week."
The rear of the house was leveled, leaving only a blackened chimney standing. The rest of the house, except for a few Christmas decorations on the eastern side, was mostly charred.
Kahre said there's likely nothing salvageable, but firefighters were able to grab a black chest near a window.
© 2010 Evansville Courier & Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistribut

Attachments

• dennis gage.JPG
    dennis gage.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 58
  • dennis gage1.jpg
    dennis gage1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 44
  • dennis gage2.jpg
    dennis gage2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back