DJ3100 introduction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ3100

I have been lurking RRR and most of the other sites for quite a while. RRR seems to have the mostinteresting builds or maybe the builds I'm most interested in and the members who are most accepting of doing something different.
I posted some photos of my last project, a '53 3100. It probably doesn't qualify as a rat rod even though it looks the part. 350 crate motor, NV3500 5 speed, '78 Chevy C10 front suspension and brakes, 373 posi, hydro boost, Vintage Air, and a trunk. The only thing I didn't do is the glass install and carpet.
The current project is a '49 F2 build from a '84 Capri/Mustang donar and lots of DOM round tube.
I have 40 years in metalworking as a blacksmith, fabricator, welder and machinist or maybe I have 1 year, 40 times. My stuff often doesn't look as professional as much of yours. I am definitely a novice at anything sheetmetal, but i try.

Dan

Attachments

• '53.jpg
    '53.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 11
  • rear L 09-12.jpg
    rear L 09-12.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 18
  • engine2 09-12.jpg
    engine2 09-12.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
  • trunk 09-12 (2).jpg
    trunk 09-12 (2).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01306.jpg
    DSC01306.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 19
Welcome DJ3100...I have 40 years expierence as a "Fabracobbler". Your work looks professional to me!! Specally that F2 project frame:)..we'll need lots more pictures of the F2[cl

nice! welcome to site man, just off the road a bit, those historic plates, do they regulate you to anything here or they just like floridas vintage tags? i know we have hot rod tags down here but that means you can only run em parades and under like 1,000 mi a year or something

nice! welcome to site man, just off the road a bit, those historic plates, do they regulate you to anything here or they just like floridas vintage tags? i know we have hot rod tags down here but that means you can only run em parades and under like 1,000 mi a year or something

Thanks. The historic plates just cost a little extra. They don't limit mileage and are available for anything over 25 years old (I think). They are made of copper.

Latest posts

Back