does anyone know this truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacrat

I'm looking for info on this truck, maybe a buld thread if possible, Thanks. ratgasser.jpg

pacrat, That pic was taken at the Gopher State Timing Assn. car show in St. Paul, MN 2 or 3 years ago. I took pics of it (which I lost in a computer crash) and there is an interesting story about it. Unfortunately I forgot the story!
I do know it was a real drag race truck and looked the way it is pictured. It was found and "restored" to its original race condition as you see it.

thanks guys

thanks to all replies, BobW, thanks for the info, i considered that it may have been an actual drag truck but wasnt sure, i have a 51 f6 thinking of doing it up much like this truck with a few changes.

more pics

here are a couple more shots of the truck.

Attachments

• 52-pickup-1-ww.jpg
    52-pickup-1-ww.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 52-pickup-2-ww.jpg
    52-pickup-2-ww.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 51
not too bad

The second one makes the first one look pretty damn good!

pacrat, That pic was taken at the Gopher State Timing Assn. car show in St. Paul, MN 2 or 3 years ago. I took pics of it (which I lost in a computer crash) and there is an interesting story about it. Unfortunately I forgot the story!
I do know it was a real drag race truck and looked the way it is pictured. It was found and "restored" to its original race condition as you see it.

Does this mean it's "traditional"?

"The second one makes the first one look pretty damn good!";"Nothing says drink Dr. Pepper like a Mr. Pibb." :D

By Jove Sherlock what have you discovered?

That is Ironic... I don't know what it is called but putting those two things together...there has to be a name for it...
Any English or Literature experts out there?

By Jove Sherlock what have you discovered?

That is Ironic... I don't know what it is called but putting those two things together...there has to be a name for it...
Any English or Literature experts out there?

HMMMMM...Mixed Metaphor or Double Antandre.....that is a conundrum.

I think ironic is if you were to choke to death on a life saver.

A similie is used to compare things using "like" or "as". A metaphor does not use "like" or "as".

The statement is akin to "post hoc ergo propter hoc", but not quite. That's the best I can do considering I'm an idiot.[dr

HMMMMM...Mixed Metaphor or Double Antandre.....that is a conundrum.

I think ironic is if you were to choke to death on a life saver.

Mixed Metaphor = "If we can hit that bullseye then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate."

A double entendre is a figure of speech in which a spoken phrase is devised to be understood in either of two ways. Often the first (more obvious) meaning is straightforward, while the second meaning is less so: often risqué, inappropriate, or ironic.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines a double entendre as especially being used to "convey an indelicate meaning". It is often used to express potentially offensive opinions without the risks of explicitly doing so.

A double entendre may exploit puns to convey the second meaning. Double entendres tend to rely more on multiple meanings of words, or different interpretations of the same primary meaning; they often exploit ambiguity and may be used to introduce it deliberately in a text.
Sometimes using a homophone (i.e. a different spelling that yields the same pronunciation) can sometimes be used as a pun as well as a "double entendre" of the subject.

I think the coupling of "the first one makes the other one look better" with "Nothing says drink Dr Pepper like a can of Mr Pibb" would kinda fit double entendre...not literally but in the way it is presented...even more deeply ironic than literally ironic.

Don't confuse homophone with bananaphone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csf15kwNn6I&feature=related

"bananas are like the opposite of traffic lights...
Green means Stop!~don't eat that banana yet!
Yellow means GO... go ahead and eat that banana...

Red... where the hell did you get that banana?"- Mitch Hedberg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back