donor car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnite kid

just picked up a 1977 cadillac,freshly overhauled really,really embarassing cheap[cl,has almost new tires,the question is how much hassle is it going to be to get rid of all the smog control[;) and its a 425 with a funky deal on the carb.am i asking for more trouble than its worth or is it going to vacuum line me into the asylum:confused:runs and drives really nice

Good score! I would get an aftermarket intake that would get rid of most of the confusion with the vacuum lines. It also would get you a little more power. Those engines are torque monsters. I am guessing you are swapping the engine into something else, if so the smog stuff can be plugged off. If you are keeping it in the car it may cause problems if it has the Computer Controlled Carb on it.

just swap to a regular quadra jet carb and a vacuum dist. then you can plug/cut away all the other stuff. 425 is diamentionally the same as the 472/501's on the outside

Latest posts

Back