Door latchs, wondering out loud...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOUGIEB59

So here's the question, my old hot rod door latches leave alot to be desired (both safety and functionability wise).
I know speedway makes a bear claw set, but they seem to be quite expensive. Anybody got any viewpoint as to a good salvage yard replacement that dont cost so much??
Thnx d/b [p

Expensive? [S The Speedway slim-line bear claw latches are $12.99 each. Probably as cheap or cheaper than you can get in a salvage yard.

I have used them a lot. They are easily adaptable to most any configuration and work great. Much easier than most OEM equipment...

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm hi-jacking this tread, but anybody mount bear claws laches on the inside of their doors and not inside the doors? Thanks,Brian

Expensive? [S The Speedway slim-line bear claw latches are $12.99 each. Probably as cheap or cheaper than you can get in a salvage yard..

Sheeeit, I just order a pair of Speedway Universal Door latches, $20 each, as I guessed bear Claws would be far spendier, so never even looked at them.

These might work easier for me though, on slim RPU doors, so no biggie.

91052851_R.jpg

Sheeeit, I just order a pair of Speedway Universal Door latches, $20 each, as I guessed bear Claws would be far spendier, so never even looked at them.

These might work easier for me though, on slim RPU doors, so no biggie.

91052851_R.jpg

I've got a whole box of those, lots of old tractor cabs and stuff use them.
I am using the 20s T open car latch. They have a design that with a winged striker that captures the door so it can't pop open if the body opening flexed or something.

Latest posts

Back