dually death bringer :)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gonna tell ya to move the cab back between the wheels and the motor back to the firewall for that dragster look. :p

Need pics after the shortening!

well the cuts are already made -because of lack of planning it took some serious presidential engineering to get the back half pulled up to the front again -- engine hoist - pry bars lol you get the point -- but it was dark and cold when we finally got everything back together and ready to be welded when i called it a night --- will get photos soon though

deja vu...photographic similarities???

I'm having flashbacks...
something in my suspension broke and took me for a ride down the shoulder. This picture is when I went back out to weld in new spring hangers and tow the mess home.
...My van didn't roll with the trailer...the hitch twisted off and the van jumped airborn over the highway and landed on all 4's on the other shoulder.

attachment.php

sorry to bring up any memories that bad but im glad you made
it out safe -- -

got the frame lined up right and welded all back together today - and almost got the trans support in where i want it --also FOR SOME GREAT NEWS!__
found a guy about 3.5 hours away that has the historical document i need -- 48 GMC TEXAS title -- last used in 1954 :) my dad's going to swing by on his way to work in LA (state not Cali) on wed... so - when its ready for the road - off it goes.... shouldnt be too much longer now though ---
next steps --
- trans support in
- steering in (have)
- fuel tank in (have)
- brakes (need)
- engine all hooked back up
- floors ( have)
- doors (have)
- seat(have)
- windshield (need)
- mirrors(have)
- gauges. (need some)
got some work ahead of me - but its more or less all tinkering compared
to what's already been accomplished.[cl \

post script::: btw the list is more for me than you guys lol

sorry to bring up any memories that bad but im glad you made
it out safe -- -

Thanks mate!... nothing to feel sorry over though.. The flashback that scared me was 1 week after my rollover happed...
A guy in a dodge dually tugging a 20' gooseneck passed up my semi... First I saw pallets sky high and thought "wow...that's alot of pallets"
then as he came by me I saw the 6,000lb rated forklift ON THE TAIL OF THE TRAILER...BEHIND THE AXLES!!!

He was A-WIGGLIN!

and when he changed back over into my lane too quickly that trailer and truck went sideways on him about 50 feet from my grill.
I have no idea how he pulled it off but he got it straightened out and going the right direction.

Looking back on my rollover and jump I can only say dammit what a ride! glad nobody got hurt myself.

night owls

I like your pictures. I like to work at night,,,

havent gotten a whole lot done -- bought my kids a go cart and ive been getting workin on that and stuff that NEEDED to be done lol

did get the steering all lined up and working on the floor pan -- also figured
it was about time to get working on the doors --
heres that door ive been working on --- what happened is since i didnt add the strip and pulled in the pillars
instead -- the doors (which didnt shut already lol ) didnt shut right - so, i cut the sides off the doors and tacked
them onto the cab where they should be then cut the strips out of the left and right of the middle section of the
door and then tacked it back onto the sides, then grinded the door off -- cut out a huge section of rust/rott
at the bottom of the door and added a new piece of metal, then tacked it all back together real well then body filled
sections to give it a little better continuity and this is after its painted (and still wet) with a foam brush and rustoleum... wishing i would have taken a picture before hand so you could actually see the difference... but oh well.

chevydoor.jpg

yes that areas a mess - no i dont mind :D -- thats my organization skills at work.

Looking good! That's gonna be an awesum ride when its done....I love the dual wheels. But I especially like the e-brake!![cl....cr

Ok, that's a start on the pictures. How about the steering column and floor pan pictures? Hows the door panel look on the truck? Pictures from the front? Don't make me come down there!!!

Ok, I'll back off a little....

everythings still being worked on -- for instance only the column and steering wheel are in -- so i could be certain about the floor and seat height -- theres also only enough floor pan to be certain on the same thing -- hopefully ill get to work on it tomorrow --- had to go to the minor emergency room today --- ive lost most feeling on the right side of my face about tuesday and told my wife and mother if it didnt get better by the weekend id go have it looked at -- turns out i have bell's palsy -- something to do with a nerve by/behind your ears they gave me a steroid prescription said to keep my eye lubricated and sent me on my way... but ill try and take more pictures :confused: sorry !

and yea -- its different! -- but im really liking how its turning out -- going to be one bad machine -- thinking im going to keep this one [cl

Hey good idea - more pictures! :D Hows the leg and head clearance? Could you move the firewall out at all on the drivers side?

A guy at work had Bells this winter. Took a couple months for it to go away completely. Hope it works out OK for you too.

Latest posts

Back