Early-Mid 20's Willys Overland not T-bucket

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorodders

Looks like I have a early to mid 20's Willys Overland Tourer not a T-Bucket. It's missing the back seat (back half.) Should I try to locate a back half and piece it back together? I'm relatively new to the RatRod world and 20's and 30's rods. I know more about 60's and later.. Not sure if it will be near impossible to find a back half and/or if it's too rare to not try to bring it back to its 2 seater style? Whatever popular opinion is I will most likely try to offend. Guess that's why I'm into Rats now more than anything. [ddd

Attachments

• Mod T-1.jpg
    Mod T-1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 73
I found a body just like that! I put a bucket back side on it that I made from a W9 IH tractor gas tank. Looks good!

You have a mid 20s to late 20s body if it is a willys.

Here's my 21
718FAE96-86BB-49E1-88C0-B63F163A6B0A-866-00000192C5295882.jpg

It's not the best pic but I started with what you have.

I know I have seen that on CL before [S cut the back off and replace it, lots of guys here have done that and looks better then the funky door bump outs.

A buddy of mine had a front half like yours, all he did was build a short pick up bed and attached it where the stock back was attached, it looked great!

Lots of roadsters in the 40's & 50's were made out of the front half of touring cars.

That one is a great body to start an early style rod.

I trailered it to its first show because it didn't have any lights or a driveshaft tunnel yet.

Latest posts

Back