Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What! Even Bill noticed !

bill-clinton-cartoon_www-txt2pic-com.jpg

This is a great forum. A few years ago I was out of work and looking around on the net. Signed up for The pork site. I got into it with a member there about some stuff. Another member said he should take it easy. I said he was no good or something to that effect. And was told he was one of the better members. After that I never posted again.
Looking for other stuff I sometimes end up on other forums lurking around. And yes they do not seem like places you would want to stay on very long.
In the love of rat rods, hot rods, etc. There is a good site for you bicycle enthusiast. I built one myself when I had no car to play with and desperately needed something to build (create). Here is a link.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=56ed93f7fc3f24da6aa018bc0eb8c66f

Here are a few pic.s of it before I finished it. It was done here. But I went through and cleaned up the welds. Smoothed everything out and repainted with gloss black. It's 8' long. The tank and handle bars are now in bare metal. I have a new fat white wall tire up front and a bandana for a seat cover. Just don't have any new pic.s.
This was the first thing I ever welded and my first time doing any metal work so don't be to hard on my ugly welding. Like I said I went back and it's all cleaned up now.

taylor2069.jpg

taylor2080.jpg

taylor2074.jpg

taylor2072.jpg

taylor2081.jpg

That's an innovative machine Dave. Does it steer and stop? Don't answer that if you don't want too :rolleyes: How did you fab the sprockit on the back wheel?

YES it steers and stops. The pedals drag the ground sometimes pedaling and it takes some room to make turns. The rear sprocket is simply a stock bike sprocket that's been cut in half then lengthened with conduit and all thread with a plate in the middle that bolts to the wheel. I'll try to get out and take some pic.s to better see what I'm talking about. It was a lot of fun to build. I remember my uncle coming over when it was being mocked up and he just kinda laughed. He said "you don't think that you'll actually get that done and be able to ride it do you?" Of course that was all the more reason to do it. It was supposed to be a car show cruiser.

This was what inspired me. Saw him at the Nastalgia Drags in Bowling Green KY a few years ago. I remebered my brother had an old Huffy frame in the dirt basement. He was going to build a low rider bike out of it. That never happened. So I drug it out and hacked it all up. Mine started out from that frame flipped up side down. Then adding parts from probably 5 or so other bikes.

fattirebike.jpg

This pic. shows the rear shaft assembly some.

taylor2071.jpg

Found this post on Craigslist. Thought I would pass it along. Damn shame. At least it sounds like it was insured.

Well my Buddies dad's 55 Chevy 2 door station wagon was stolen last night. I got a call this morning from the bank, who was contacted by Mike Lindsey from up in Brownsville who said that he found the car on his farm this morning. Not only did the sorry no good *******s steal the car, take the engine and tranny out of it, then the sorry MFers pushed it out in the field and set it on fire.

It's one thing to steal something, but then vandalize it to so no one else can get any use out of it is the lowest form of life there is on the planet, and they better hope to god I don't find out who did it....

So if anyone up in B-ville KY hears about anyone coming up with a 383 stroker motor and a 700R4 Transmission please let me know...

I'm on my way up to B-ville KY now to take pics of the car for the insurance company. I'll post them later.

Here is what the car looked like incase anyone seen it last night on a rollback or wrecker or something.

3-1.jpg

2-4.jpg

hate to hear that, david, maybe the guys will have that stolen motor/trans fall on them or something--you know "divine retribution"........or maybe they'll just come down with a case of lead poisoning:eek:

it's a sad thing when a guy's property is violated that way....esp. when it was such a cool piece of property!

be sure to let us know if they catch 'em.....or if there's any more info about it posted on CL

Sometimes it seems odd for me to see ratrods going main stream. But it was bound to happen.

yeah, i think i know what ya mean......
my old truck just a yr or 2 ago would've been called a "hotrod" around this part of the country......
other day it was called a "ratrod" in the dollar store parking lot (i was highly offended, of course:rolleyes:)

almost a household term now.....

tour of the south

I took the family on a 2 week tour of VA and NC. Wife and I want to retire down there. You guys have it good as far as hot rods and weather.

it is 8:52, I am at work, and I am eating home made chocolate chip cookies. Life is good......

It is 11:00 pm, and there are 5 members, and 41 guests on the site.

Flipper came by to visit on his way back from the Salt Flats...... there was salt on his car, so you know he had fun.

me & the little girl (2 1/2 yrs) went for a lil rod run this afternoon.....
toodled up the hiway, into cave city, visited a couple from church......
the little one fell asleep in the nestle of my right arm on the way home and i carried here in when we got here, putting her in bed for a nap

she woke up crying...very upset saying "ha-wa....ha-wa" which in her language is "hot rod....hot rod"......wanting to go for another ride

--talk about starting them out early!!!!!:D

yeah.....daddy's proud:cool:

me & the little girl (2 1/2 yrs) went for a lil rod run this afternoon.....
toodled up the hiway, into cave city, visited a couple from church......
the little one fell asleep in the nestle of my right arm on the way home and i carried here in when we got here, putting her in bed for a nap

she woke up crying...very upset saying "ha-wa....ha-wa" which in her language is "hot rod....hot rod"......wanting to go for another ride

--talk about starting them out early!!!!!:D

yeah.....daddy's proud:cool:

As you should rightly be![cl...Congrats on a job well done.......:D...CR
(I have internet connection again!...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!):D:D

Latest posts

Back