Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Now we should expect a few cars to come out of your garage along with some artwork and at least 3 novels! Better get cracking Eman!!!!...CR

Lifted this from the Canadian board :)

I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned 60.)
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?' He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or martinis?'
'Oh no,' I replied.. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'
Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?
'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'
'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'
'No, I don't,' I said.
He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'
'No,' I said.

He looked at me and said,... 'Then, why do you even care?

Death of a hero??

Not really my hero but Dennis Hopper died yesterday. My second favorite movie was Easy Riders, I fantasized about livin that life style and even tried it for awhile. Hopper was a hollywood rebel actor that had lots of problems with hollywood types and was black balled. I thought he was Kool!! RIP...:)

My wife didn't know Nashville had flooded! Yes we watch the news, read the paper, etc. Made me realize how little coverage it got. She checked out a video of it and couldn't believe it.

Grand Ol Opry, Opryland Hotel, Opry Mills Mall, An AT&T main location knocked out phone service for a whole city, Several businesses in Downtown Nashville, THOUSANDS of homes, Interstates under water, People killed, homes washed away, sink holes 50' wide in the middle of the interstate, metro buses lost, school buses lost, Water shortages for weeks because of downed water stations that were flooded, much more I can't think of but you get the idea. Billions in damages.

Yea, we got a little problem here. Fortunately my home and family are all ok.
I believe the Tennessean had some good pic.s if your interested. Google it.
Flood waters are gone now, but the damages will be here for a long time.

i think your right CR - but it was prob b/c the govt was to blame for new orleans :D:D

seriously though, the fact that there was no political blame hovering around tennessee made it less "popular" for the media coverage......

sad but true fact is not ALL news gets the same news coverage.....
the media picks what it wants to report on--and even how or what it wants to say about the stories it actually covers.......can you say "bias?"

Well, speaking of New Orleans....

And Dennis Hopper, I made a scooter trip down that way many years ago, kind of doing my "Easy Rider" thing. I was amazed that an entire city would be built beneath sea level. We went out and saw the "poop pumps" that move the sewage out of there. Pretty intense.

And yes, we did Bourbon Street and the cemetaries. Couldn't find that "house" they went to!

No Jack Nicholson, but lots of locals, and a Georgia cop with mirror sunglasses and a Smokey the Bear hat!

sad but true fact is not ALL news gets the same news coverage.....
the media picks what it wants to report on--and even how or what it wants to say about the stories it actually covers.......can you say "bias?"

They have to tell us 1000 American service men have been killed in Afganistan, but never mention 50,000 Americans killed on American highways last year. "Click it or ticket" but don't mention seat belts DON'T prevent accidents!!..:confused:

well it's friday

don't matter cause I gotta work tomorrow

got the "you were not selected to continue..." letter after my oral board thurs

it's hot

new to me roadking is ready to pick up tomorrow

vacation plans are set

turning good hours at work finally

I am going to start on the frame for the turbo datsun sunday and chill with some sunday morning blues.

That should be a good pick me up.

life is still good!

Petroleum is Biodegradeable..

I have a biology degree and work for a public water utility that had 3000 gallons of used motor oil dumped in the sewer system a year ago. I monitor the land application of the sludge from the digestor where the oil was diverted to, and after extensive testing the oil was not detectable in 3 months, and will be sprayed on farmland this summer.

This oil spill is not the end of the world--it's nasty and puts a big ding in the ocean and costal ecosystem, and the news pics of oil covered animals is terrible, but it will digest down, and the ecosystems will recover-- It's not PC to say that, but its true..

It'll be O-K.. That doesn't make a good news story though...

PA41

Petroleum is Biodegradeable..

It'll be O-K.. That doesn't make a good news story though...

PA41

Yah, as I understand it, it'll be 'digested' much much faster in the warm wet southern coast than the Valdez spill in the cold rocky coast of AK. One scientist had suggested a hurricane would good for the spill - to disperse it, that is.

The MSM has been tripping over itself trying to find that coveted oil covered bird to video. The holy grail of environmental disaster clips. Almost to the point they would fake it.

I'm not sayin the spill is nothing. far from it. It is a disaster. Just not worth the amount of coverage it has received as compared to, say, Nashville flooding?

Am I starting to rant...? :eek:

so true Earthman! There were some very qualified applicants in the 36 people trying for 3 spots. If it's meant to be then it will come along. Back to welding! [;)

Latest posts

Back