Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved my 34 sedan from my garage over to our shop today so I can start working on it. This has been the hold up for a while. We didn't have room for it where we build stuff. Work should begin very shortly, along with a project thread over in the "build" section.

Larry La Prise...R.I.P.

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey," died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started.

The Effing Corp.

Ya know I've oftened wondered how a company that manufactures so many different types of products stays in buisness when everything the make is so bad. The Effing Corp. seems to manufacture there own version of virtually every product known to man, as well as providing services in almost every sector of life, but all of which seem to be of negitive quality or value, I just dont get it, why do we as consumers of these goods and services allow a coorporation like this to remain in business, we should stand up and say NO MORE. Just think about what i am saying and list some of the the goods and or services you have and are not happy. I'll start with a couple of examples, I have an old Effing truck that i just cant seem to keep running, and the Effing refridgerator quit last week and my Effing boss keeps giving me problems at work, Yep, you guessed it I also have an Effing job with that Effing Corp.

Craigs list this morning offered a free boat and trailer to the first person to come and pick it up. Said they were moving and didn't want to mess with the 1976 Slickcraft, that needed an outdrive. Said it had a strong 350 V8, and the trailer was in great shape. Here is where it gets interesting. They say they have no title, and just come and get the boat and trailer if you want it, as is, and don't bother them. Just take the boat.
Do you suppose the neighbors were tired of looking at the boat, and put it on Craigs list?
Well, either way, I have a boat now.

Craigs list this morning offered a free boat and trailer to the first person to come and pick it up. Said they were moving and didn't want to mess with the 1976 Slickcraft, that needed an outdrive. Said it had a strong 350 V8, and the trailer was in great shape. Here is where it gets interesting. They say they have no title, and just come and get the boat and trailer if you want it, as is, and don't bother them. Just take the boat.
Do you suppose the neighbors were tired of looking at the boat, and put it on Craigs list?
Well, either way, I have a boat now.

"The best things in life are free."

I wonder if somebody is gonna come home and wonder where their boat went? Hope you don't get a visit from the local Sheriff.

Turns out the engine is a 175 hp OMC (302 Ford) and it looks good. Inventory of the items in the boat, flare gun, porta pottie, life raft, paddles, anchors, life vests, new skis, fishing pole, assorted tools, assorted oils and fluids, two fire extinguishers, a knife, and some plastic worms. It also turns out to be a 1973 22 foot fiberglass boat. The boat and trailer are in pretty good shape.

Well Jess moved his project from my yard to his today.The empty space in
my junky backyard will require self restraint now. :rolleyes:

022.jpg

You might want to call the Sheriff and let him know what's up. If it is hot, at least you called him first. If I had been the owner, I would more than likely known what it had for an engine!!

E-man! That is such the hot rodders dream driveway. nice classic out front, radical on the trailer, and a cool old school hauler to top it off![cl

Latest posts

Back