engine identify

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

34rat

does anyone know what this is. I hope the pic works

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 53
Buick nailhead...

Yep they're really not worth anything, I'll give you scrap price for it.:rolleyes:

ha ha ha

Rainman you are slick.... 34rat keep the motor and don't leave it sitting outside..... Rainman might come and get it for "scrap"..... which it ain't....LOL:D

My brother just bought it at an estate sale actually he bought a 64 novaII four door and they threw it in for $400, we just got it home and put e new battery and it started up, but the buick is siezed or just realy hard to turn. What might it be worth? It didnt have a water pump carb or distributer.

Just noticed you're in Cali. might have to get you to throw in the nova to help offset the drive.

Seriously every body loves the old nailheads, should be easy to get rid of if you don't need it. Just ask around locally, someone will jump on it.

go to V8Buick.com. Nailheads can be big bucks if done up right. I saw one today for $7000. WHAT????? Yep, 7 Gs. That's an extreme though. If that thing is seized, it may be scrap. Certainly worth soaking for a week or two with something to dissolve the rust.

Pic is really small. So it's hard to tell if the valve covers are pretty much straight up and down, which it sort looks like. Then it's a "Nailhead" Buick.

Valve covers angled it looks a lot like a first gen AMC V8 287-327.

Latest posts

Back