Engine pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
enginea.jpg

I think they might just have to special order one! Not to mention the crane to install it. I bet changing the oil in that beast is no picnic either. Six hundred gallons of 10W40 every three thousand miles???? :eek:

My brother just bought a Moris................
100_2794.jpg

WOW, that battery is huge!!!!!!! haha

This thing is crazy:
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3952/3981/22379490032_large.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2237949

Both blowers are fully functional, not gutted.
They make a total of 32-35psi of boost. This will make over 1300HP without using the nitrous.

The nitrous setup is an additional 300HP.
The total height of the engine is 57" from the bottom of the oilpan to the top of the scoop.
The engine weighs almost 1000lbs.

Last edited:
Engine picture

Not exactly your run of the mill rat engine at $65,000 but it's really cool to look at! :eek::cool:

Attachments

• Falconer Race Engine.jpg
    Falconer Race Engine.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 43
just lyin' around..

not to many of these just lyin around but i have "aquired" this one -for a conversation piece- (desoto)-be way too expensive to build for this preacher!

nextproject3015.jpg

nextproject3016.jpg

nextproject3017.jpg

my idea is to paint it up and maybe build some "zoomies" style headers then mount it to a stand to place in the back of my "shop truck" 46--you know like a race motor "delivery".... the 46 might need overload springs!!!

here's an old one..

this old motor used to belong to my great-grandfather, dad got it out of a fencerow, and when i was a kid, i actually heard it run once or twice....
McCormick? i think?

nextproject3034.jpg

nextproject3035.jpg

Slant sick.....

My brother was coming home in his 68 VE Chrysler Valiant from Mackay (about 800kms from here) and got halfway to Rockhampton (about 400kms from here) when it died. Had it towed to Rockhampton, then we towed it the rest of the way with dad's F100. Got it home, Tried to get it to start but the battery was dead. Got a new battery. Started but was running really rough.

All the plugs were still firing, except one which had somehow got a chunk of something lodged in the gap. Put in a new plug, ran even rougher.

Did a compression test on each of the cylinders; 75psi, 80psi, 100psi, 0psi ?????? I was wondering whether i had the end of the tester in the plug hole far enough. Next 2 pistons showed 75psi and 80psi.

Pulled off the rocker cover, one of the pushrods was free from it's socket. Replaced it and started the engine, backfiring like crazy! (nice flamethower for a carby). Time to pull off the head.....

DSCF1386.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

Found out it was overbored in the process!

DSCF1390.jpg

After finally jumping over the counter at Repco and taking one of the shop assistants hostage, we finally got a replacement piston and a full set of rings.

Lucky we got a full set of piston rings because all but 1 compression ring in the engine was broken in . Amazingly, none of the cylinder walls were damaged and no lips at the top of them either!

Hosed all the chunks of piston out of the bottom of the sump (as well as 3/4in of greasy sludge) with some kerosene, slapped the engine back together, and has been going ever since!!

I think it only cost about $200 all up to replace the rings, piston, head gasket, gaskets. Got out of it VERY cheaply indeed!

Heres a wacky one

This is one I saw a local car show. I works with a reverse grind cam that opens exhaust valves first. it has what looks like 8 honda carbs mounted on the sides.

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of personal pics 326.jpg
    Copy of Copy of personal pics 326.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Copy of Copy of personal pics 327.jpg
    Copy of Copy of personal pics 327.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 80
We had a Hemi Blessing Day. We powerwashed 3 of the old Hemis and 1 aluminum Slant 6 motor we had around the shop. Preacher John did the ceremony. :):)

Attachments

• Hemi Blessing 004.jpg
    Hemi Blessing 004.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Hemi Blessing 007.jpg
    Hemi Blessing 007.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Hemi Blessing 008.jpg
    Hemi Blessing 008.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Hemi Blessing 009.jpg
    Hemi Blessing 009.jpg