Engine Swap Feedback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tecster

So I have a 67 International 1300b with a 241 which has been giving me nothing but trouble and headache... I've got a friend up north who has a AMC 258 motor & transmission he will sell to me for a reasonable price. My concern is the additional labor and expenses it will take to get it to work... Can someone give me a general run down as far as what I should expect with this swap? It would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Well, swapping one six for a different one may be easier than putting in a V8. More labour than expense I'd say...
You'll need to make engine mounts, tranny mount, exhaust adapting - assuming it's a manual trans, you need to adapt the clutch linkage. Also there will be the driveshaft to contend with, mating the the AMC yoke to the IHC shaft. In the 70's IHC used AMC V8's in some of their pickups so some drivetrain pieces may be very similar between the makes - there may be a boneyard parts swap that can make this job easier. There are 'Binder dedicated sites out there that may shed more light on this..

Latest posts

Back