Fast and Loud....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think many people here really watch them, but i could be wrong. i know i can't stand drama tv.

I haven't had television in almost 20 years. No Cable. No satalite. No atenna.
When I was in having my sleep test done they had a TV in the room with like 100 channels. Saw that they listed the History channel so being a history buff I put it on.
They were showing some so called Counting cars? What a joke. Shut it off and went back to reading my book.
Torchie.

i don't think many people here really watch them, but i could be wrong. i know i can't stand drama tv.

I've got a friend who likes it, even records them. I guess I remember those clowns from long before they had a tv show and the talk about them on the HAMB. They were basically a bunch of posers trying to pass off cars they bought as their own builds. They packed that bagged A sedan with the 500 caddy around to shows for a year with a sold sign on it like it was something they built and the truth was they bought it. I saw them at the WOW in Dallas back 2004. They had that chopped fleetline there too. IIRC it was built somewhere else too. They should just call the show "Loud" for the loud mouth guy.
One thing I really liked on that A sedan was the basball stitched rawhide top, it was awesome.

So Sue calls it right: Ass Monkey. I've seen it a few times and they show actual work going on, although where that is happening may not be real either? Only reason I watch any tv at all is because I take care of my folks in the evenings, and they have it on most of the time. Had cable about 10 years ago and got tired of flipping channel after channel of crap. Like Torchie, I don't watch it otherwise. Complete waste of time.

I never said I liked them or even watched them ..... ditto on the counting cars clowns ... It was mentioned to me and I thought I would pass it on . I bet a friend of mine who always watches them 10 bucks that they would buy a VW ...he said """ your on !! They would NEVER but a v-dub """...sucker...

All those car shows seem to be just different flavors of Pimp My Ride. But even that goofy show seemed to be more about the cars and less about drama and BS. The shows just keep getting worse....

The sad fact is, most of the car shows on tv are so dumb and unwatchable that they make Fast and Loud look actually not so bad. That new car show where the guys in Florida (Slicks Customs) buy cars and then offer the seller a guaranteed profit and all the dumbness that goes with it makes me want to gag.

I actually sent an email to Graveyard Cars and told them that they seem to be doing away with some of the drama and stupid scripted stuff and that I can actually somewhat stand the show now. But I suspect they will go back to the formula that Honey BooBoo created and that all the Producers seem to think is what sells.

Don

I saw them at the WOW in Dallas back 2004.

I went to a Barrett-Jackson austion in Dallas a few years back & those clowns were there! They had several of their cars for sale & they were ones they claimed on the show they'd sold for big profits! They were the biggest POS's in the whole place. Of course... they didn't sell at B-J either! One was a Fairmont that had a silver metallic wrap & a gasser with a green metal flake paint job that looked like it was applied with a paint roller... hideous!!! Everyone there thought they were a joke... including me!

BoB

Just read on the net that Jay Leno my have a car show in the works on CNBC in the near future. Don't believe his show would have any drama or other garbage on it.

Just read on the net that Jay Leno my have a car show in the works on CNBC in the near future. Don't believe his show would have any drama or other garbage on it.

He used to have articles in Popular Mechanics about his various cars. Yeah, I could see that being a worthy show to watch. He has a lot of mechanically interesting vehicles.

Latest posts

Back