Final angle on split bones?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albertaguy

Ok so my parts arrived and I'm doing some assembly.
The 38-42 bones are split and attached to a 4 " dropped axle on my A frame(original spindles off a 48 merc truck).
I now need to fab up some tab's to attach the split ends to. Any secret to final bone angle( veiwed from the side; more or less parallel to the frame)
If I go to one extreme or the other it'll affect my steering geometry no?
Thanks for your time.

I believe its about 7* back caster.

caster.jpg

your bones can run at any angle you like the look of if you pie cut them right at the weld were the forging is attached. but your king pins need to be set between 6.5* and 9.5*. i usually run mine at 7.5 but the magic number depends on who you ask

Thanks, I'll try for 7 degrees as described.
I'll stay away for any unnecessary cutting and welding though. My welding skills are fair but its best not to overdo it.

I would go 7 at a minimum. I like 10. Regardless, if your weldong skills are only fair then you need to take them to someone to have them done. Suspension is not a place to hope it will be "ok"...

Oh I can weld; took it in school and worked Oilpatch for 25 years.
But it's like driving, don't assume you are awesome to a 3rd power. Assume to you can do better and be careful; complacency in your level of skill will bite you in the ass.

Latest posts

Back