first father son rat rod project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valleyveiw

here are some pics off our 1949 dodge B1B.

Attachments

• 20849_1483624258219_1462253915_31238185_7313501_s.jpg
    20849_1483624258219_1462253915_31238185_7313501_s.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 160
  • oyio65.jpg
    oyio65.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 93
  • rpjjet.jpg
    rpjjet.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 102
  • fh;lryt.jpg
    fh;lryt.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 79
Looks like a great project, glad to see your building it with your son, because time flies and they grow up really fast. nice dog too!!

Awesome. Good to see another Pilothouse on here being built.

My build is on here somewhere, same truck as yours, same colour, but upside-down and right hand drive.

My son helped me with mine the other night.
Well, helped might be a stretch, he's 3 months old so he just kind of lay there and watched. :D

CQQL !!!! My son has a 59 Chevy truck we're working on also. I think a Rat Rod is the perfect first time ride for a young Gearhead. They can get right in there and get their hands dirty, learn some basics and have fun with their ideas. No wrong or right and your not building a slick show ride that they can't drive or did'nt have a hand in. Keep us posted on your progress. Seems like we have spurts of progress,, money or time ! Usually not at the same time !!

Great father and son project, what are your plans for it? Good looking truck!

WOW! i guess i havent been on here in a while lol. my son broke his leg last oct. so that put a hold on things .well its our first build , we have plans to chop the top 5 " make suicide doors drop the cab . i was going to get an s-10 fram but the frame on the truck is in really good shape so we will just try and keep it all together . my son wants it to shoot flames that is his main requierment, lol.. . we would like to move the front end forward but i'm not sure how to do that yet ,or if you can? and we are going to drop a nice big 396 chevy in it to top it off really excited to get started . sort of glad that we had to wait a while to start cause our ideas changed a good bit.

plans?

whats the plans and we like lots pics.

l am building one also that my son and l started , lost him 8 years ago, l am now finishing it in his memory.

Later:cool:

l am building one also that my son and l started , lost him 8 years ago, l am now finishing it in his memory.

Im usually very thick skinned, however just reading this touched my tender bone, Now my eyes are leaking,, do I need checkup ???[cl[cl[cl

sorry to here about your son that has to be hard , we are building ours in memory of my father who passed away 2 years ago on the 4th of july. he was a small block and big block chevy hoarder, he has over 400 engines , so we are going to try and use some of them up.

yes

Im usually very thick skinned, however just reading this touched my tender bone, Now my eyes are leaking,, do I need checkup ???[cl[cl[cl

most defintly[ddev fluid leaks can lead to total system failure:D

check all your'e seals and gaskets, changing all the fluids may also help [dr

wow mr.valleyveiw, and l thought i was a packrat:eek: " he was a small block and big block chevy hoarder, he has over 400 engines , so we are going to try and use some of them up."

yes mr. skull you would have to see it to beleave it its kind of overwhelming. he also kept every box to everything he ever bought in the past 45 years may not be able to clean it up in my lifetime and i'm 37, as far as chevy engines, name it its there 307, 305 283, 327,348, 350 , (counted about 40 350 4 bolt main blocks) 396 ,427, 454 all older engines. i would really like to put together one of the 348 they are really nice looking engines

Latest posts

Back