First time on the road since the 70s!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilJohnson

I've been tinkering on my 53 210 a little more now that the weather has warmed up. It took me putting ashes down on the icy driveway to get the old beast to move under its' own power. There are quite a few bugs to work out on it (like the brakes for starters) but overall the motor seems to run good and has plenty of pep.

attachment.php

The previous owner told me it had sat out in a cow pasture for a long time. The car was last registered in 71. Not sure exactly when it was parked but it is safe to say this thing hasn't been on the road in a long time.

Attachments

• chevy4.JPG
    chevy4.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 79
  • chevy.JPG
    chevy.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 77
  • chevy3.jpg
    chevy3.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 241
on the road again

It's alway's a good thing to see somebody give new life to an old ride, now quit sitting at the computer and get back to work :D

Hey, Phil. I saw your "swamp house" on the H___ site. I really admire how much you are able to accomplish under the conditions you have. Your good attitude is the key, it seems.

yup that's a problem

"There are quite a few bugs to work out on it (like the brakes for starters)"

Yup... brakes are supposed to be stoppers...that's a problem :eek:

Ain't that cool most parts look to be there and it runs nice find
Whats the plans for it

Not sure yet. I originally planned on using the motor for the dump truck and selling this thing but I really like the style of the car. I found another good running 216 for cheap on CL so the 235 might stay under the hood for a while. My friend is giving me a running 350 so who knows, a transplant might be in the future for this puppy.

Nice. Good to hear it moves and runs good. And the bonus is not going to be much work to get the chrome off the bumper so it can be painted.:D:D

Ha! That bumper has definitely seen better days. From the looks of it someone had yanked on it with a chain and bent it out of shape.

Hey, Phil. I saw your "swamp house" on the H___ site. I really admire how much you are able to accomplish under the conditions you have. Your good attitude is the key, it seems.

Thanks :) It paid off pretty well for me living in the swamp. I sold it right before the big real estate crash so I made out pretty decent. It was enough to put a nice hefty down payment on my new place. The house I have now was a great deal and has modern amenities, plus it isn't in a swamp :D

"There are quite a few bugs to work out on it (like the brakes for starters)"

Yup... brakes are supposed to be stoppers...that's a problem :eek:

It was a very slow and short drive :cool: I live out in the country on a rural road so traffic isn't an issue.

Latest posts

Back