Ford Deuce Roadster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because we arent the HAMB and welcome everyone ..... from one liking to another. There have been several rods on here that I have second guessed about whether it should be on here.... but we are all here with the same common interest. You can have a preference such as I do.... but I'm not going to act like someone doesnt belong here because of their preference. If that were the case... we would be called H.A.M.B. #2!

x2

Might not be what I would drive around in but hey to each their own.

I lik to see them park that outside and leave it there for a few hours, can you say gone in sixty seconds. I rather have a nice rat that I do not have to worry it disappearing from my life

When in the events of hot roddery, we shall view everything from the rust to the sublime, I'll opt for the rust. If each of us ratters had the money involved in that car we'd have a ten acre lot and buildings with every tool you could stuff in them, and enough left over for a nice barley pop or two...... yadda yadda yadda.........[cl

IMO it's another case of 'one upmanship' and it's an 'art car'. Nothing wrong with an art car if your just planning to look at it, kind of like paintings and those sort of things. They just don't garner the ooh's and awe's that they used to. People have seen enough of the type, that it's getting common. Most of the Roth show car creations were just that, show cars. They were not meant to be driven and neither is this. It will have it's place, but not in this environment. If you want to impress people with this type of rod, have it built, and finished as such, by Joe Average in his home shop on a limited budget. Now that would impress me. Done by a Pro shop, on a multi million dollar budget, it had better be perfect!! I can bet that there people on this board, if they had the same buildings, tools, and huge budget to work with, could easily poop out something just like it. Art cars can be nice for a quick look, but they aren't for me. I'll leave them for the guys that can sign their name on a cheque.

Last edited:
Sniper is 100% right. we've seen tooooooo many of the one-up-manship. I can surely appreciate the workmanship that has gone into it. Seems to me that people are looking at the plain janers and the built to drive cars. Check out Da34 guys wheels, they are built to look good, but they are driven also. Very important in peoples minds today. I would be afraid to drive a car that I had a $100,000 in ! Just my 2 cents worth!:D....CR

Not a bad lookin Hi End car.
Lotsa thought, execution, and craftsmanship in that puppy.
Ya gotta give the designers, builders and everyone else involved a lok of credit to pull off such a Beautiful car !![cl[cl[cl
I'd own it in a heartbeat, if I was into that stuff.
But I like buildin "Drivers"

Thanx for the Kudos CR

Attachments

• 32 in Rod & Custom.jpg
    32 in Rod & Custom.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 3  32's 002.jpg
    3 32's 002.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Nu Orange Finished 004.jpg
    Nu Orange Finished 004.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 14
Don, if anybody deserves a little praise, it's you. You build cars and drive the stuffin out of them. And they look good! Wish I lived a lot closer to Prescott!:D...CR

Yeah, nice show piece. Certainly a beautiful car. BUT I'd take Gastricks or Dons, or any number of cars on here before I'd get all gushy about that one. Just doesn't look fun to drive. It's probably a sophisticated driving experience, blah, blah, blah..... I like hang on to your butt and hope she holds together kinda driving. :)

I just thought of the Star Wars scenes where Han Solo is talking to his ship "Stay together baby" - he was a rat rodder! Darth Vader was the big money guy with all the expensive toys.... But even Anakin was a rat rodder in the beginning. Until he turned evil. A lesson to be learned....

You reminded me of something I forgot about Sam Fear. A while back, somebody built a less sophisticated Boydster.....at least in the shine department. I remember the owner actually referred to this as a rat rod. Yes I realize it's not a Deuce. It's still a Boydster.

I don't care for the proportions, the hood looks to long and the windshield is layed back to much, just rip the fenders off a deuce and its done.

Latest posts

Back