Ford says you can not post, or print photos of Fords..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Well I know that last year Ford went after aftermarket companys that used “Ford, or Mustang” in the company name, or had a “running horse” in the company logo…

Now they have taken it one step further…

Ford: Car owners are pirates if they distribute pictures of their own cars
and that it infringes on Ford's trademarks which include the use of images of THEIR vehicles

Here’s the article

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/13/ford-car-owners-are.html

That a real shame. The guys with there mustangs are proud of the cars they built and were just trying to make some money. Maybe the money was going to be used for something good or not. I can not believe that Ford would go after a small group of guys that are trying to have fun. How much could they make mybe a couple thousand if there lucky. Maybe Ford should think of how many of them buy only fords and how many Fords have they bought.

I always built Fords and race them. I was alway proud to be in a Ford but after this. It make me sick to think that Ford would do this.

I which this would have came up about a month ago. I just pick up a Ford F150 (Harley) in Dec. for my shop truck. Maybe I would have bought something else. I spent big money for this truck.

I know GM did the same thing a few years back. I knew a lady that went to the show and made shirt and jacket for the people that wanted them. One day she got a letter from GM stating that her either had to stop making anything with there cars or logo on it are she would have to pay them royality. She showed me the letter.

Most of her work was from car shows. I know now she is out of business and is trying to sell off what she has left. She was just a single mother trying to make a living to support her kids.

Big business flexing the muscle on the small guy again. You can fight them but they with just keep playing untill you go broke. Then they win.

Here is a picture of the two Mustangs I own and re-built.
13carsbonehead.jpg

Oh,no, what have I done? Now I will have to sell them to pay the lawyer bills from the upcoming legal battles.

Here is a picture of the two Mustangs I own and re-built.

Oh,no, what have I done? Now I will have to sell them to pay the lawyer bills from the upcoming legal battles.

You might be able to charge them some money as you and the Bonehead truck are in the photo too.:D

At least my coupe isn't even really a Ford. It's fake. I wonder if that covers Aussie Ford Utes. I might have them on a technicality there.:)

Ok, how about my 1927 pickup. The cab is 27 Ford, the grille is 34 International. The bed is 52 Willys, and the frame is home built. The emblem in the grille is Reo. I may be in trouble with all of them.

These big car companies are nuts. :mad: I can see them wanting to keep someone from making something for current model cars because that cuts into their profits, but does Ford still make fenders and parts for Model A's? NO, they do not.

All they do is leave a bad taste in people's mouths when they pull stuff like this. People remember that when it comes time to buy their next car too, maybe that is why all the big 3 are in such trouble financially.

Don

HA HA...you guys with the Fords and other major brands have to play with the lawyers. I'd love to see Studebaker's legal department come after me (they closed the doors 42 years ago)

Picture008.jpg

StudeRSide.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Truck1.jpg

That's it...I'm waiting to hear from them

Latest posts

Back