Found a bunch of old tin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utilityart

I was visiting my in-laws this weekend and they live in an small old town. One afternoon my son needed a ride in the bus to get to sleep so being the devoted husband and father said I'd drive him around... I drove to the end of town and turned around where there was conveniently a salvage yard. There were some late 30's- 40's cars that I could see there. But even better was in somebodies backyard was a early 40's Chevy truck that was complete, well hard to tell about the bed since it had so much stuff piled in it.
On the way home a took the "back way" where somebody has what looks like a salvage yard at their house. I would say there was more than a dozen maybe two dozen trucks from 30's to 50's. All in various conditions. Since I now had a sleeping baby I really couldn't do much but look as I crept by. Next time I'll bring my camera, and find out of they want to sell anything.
My wife is still under the impression that I am not buying a car to work on... that one is going to take some work. I guess I need to get selling some of my woodwork to buy something so she can't complain. Anybody need wooden bowls or anything else round? ;)

worthlesswithout20pics.jpg

Yeah I know, but I still had to share...
Next time I'll have my camera and no baby so I can do some wheelin' dealin'. Well that is when I finally convince the CFO that it's a good project. If nothing else, I'll at least get some pics of everything to make a thread W.A.S.

Maybe he's afraid what the wifey will do to him.......:D:D:D

Yeah, my first project would be making somewhere new to sleep. :(
She wants to buy some land as an investment or some silly thing like that. :rolleyes: No sense of adventure, I tell you. Actually, I think she is pretty close to breaking.

Latest posts

Back