frame advice please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madjester30

so i have a 29 model a tudor/sedan it will have a crate 350 and a turbo 400 and i am trying to decide on the direction for the frame.

my original idea was to buy a frame and throw a mustang II front end and a 9 inch rear end
so i found a solo frame from west texas speed. http://westtexasspeed.com/HOT_ROD_PARTS.php
its already Z'd and boxed etc

but then i have reading that crown vic front ends are so much better and much more stout.
which then brought me to the idea of using the entire frame from a crown vic and still use my 9 in rear end

and recently my brother wants me to buy his 89 blazer and use his frame.. im not sure i want any part of that.

so i am looking for advice,suggestions or whatever..

benjy

The blazer and Vic are way to wide. They have whats called a primiter frame. The track width is also way to wide.

Pretty hard to argue against a beam axle and hair pins for something like a Model A sedan.

91639510_L.jpg

Here is a 31 Sedan I did a few years ago. Slightly different arrangement of the above parts but you get the idea.

Latest posts

Back