Frame dimensions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no "average" dimensions, every car is different and unique and the frame has to fit that car and that car only.

As we have said many times on here, you do not start with the frame. You first must have the body, engine, and some representative tires and wheels on hand before you begin. The engine doesn't have to be the final engine but should be the same make and model. Once you have those parts you prop the body up at the ride height you want, shove the motor in front of the firewall where it looks right, put the tires and wheels up against the car in a spot where you think they will go, then sit back and study the mock up to see how you like the look. Keep moving stuff around until you get exactly the way you want the car to end up.

This is the ONLY way to build a car because the frame will need to be built to leave room for all the components and also sit the car at the height and stance you want to end up at. But for starters, most frames are about 24-25 inches wide at the front and will generally taper wider to something like 28-34 inches or so out back.

Don

to many variables to give you any kind of accurate numbers..my frame is 24" inside between the rails, 8" Z in front and 18" kickup in rear, but thats for MY build, may not even be close for YOUR build..what kind of truck, air ride? what kind of supsension? lots of questions you need to answer before you tackle the frame..

give some info and you will probably get more and better responses
Just tryin to help,
Tim

Like they said, "Each is its own creation." Your needs will vary from the next guys. I recommend finding a build you like and use it to get your measurements and proportions that way you will be in the neighborhood of what your trying to build.Feel free to copy mine.LOL ;)

Attachments

• frame blk.jpg
    frame blk.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Back